Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Mon May 14, 2007 9:03 pm

Remember what my close personal friend Winnie Churchill said:

"Never give up. Never, never give up."

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Mon May 14, 2007 10:44 pm

hey hey, shhhhh!
I think some attacks, like the sword swing, should have an animation for holding down the left mouse button. Like Turner will tense up, and when he gets in range he swings his sword like usual, making it a purely cosmetic feature. That way you can at least see the difference between simply holding down the mouse to fight and quick clicking (David had said that the enemies in Lugaru 1 have a higher chance of reversing your attacks when you held down the mouse button rather than just clicking it, it would make more sense if Turner actually made a sign that showed why this is).

Kinda like Gears of War and the chainsaw gun.

GaGrin

Post by GaGrin » Fri May 18, 2007 7:05 am

I agree with the above. Subtle changes in stance as clues to what both Turner and our opponents are going to do would not only be awesome visually, but could add a level of skill to reading our opponents. The more skilled opponents will give lesser or different clues - and may even mislead us (might be neat to see turner give false signals every now and then - i'm not sure this would be something that you'd need or want to control without complicating things unnesseceraly)

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Fri May 18, 2007 11:28 am

Subtle elements, hints and everything that can be called subtle... Nothing can really be called good without it. The small details. Subconscious or not. If you take away the subtleness, you take away all the realism! =(

xrodneyx

Post by xrodneyx » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:17 pm

Just look at this video i made with Steven Seagal scenes, i would very happy to see some similar movements (and aikido techniques and principles) in Lugaru 2;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7Rd396N4UM
Last edited by xrodneyx on Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:10 pm

Most of the reversals in L1 already are aikido/hapkido techniques, especially the weapon disarming moves.

xrodneyx

Post by xrodneyx » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:25 pm

but i want to see real randori, tenkans, irimi nage, kokyu nage, aiki nage, sumi otoshi etc

invertin

Post by invertin » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:03 pm

REVIVAL

There should be certain moves that only work on weaker enemies like, killing blows, perhaps a special button for them. Like puncture, if you tried that on a stronger enemy they might dodge it, or block it. But on a weaker foe, or a tired one, they won't have the strength and die.

Alternate sword reversal:

Rabbit 1 has a sword, Rabbit 2 does not, Rabbit 1 attacks rabbit 2 who jumps to the side and grabs the side of the blade (in such a way it does not cut his paw). Rabbit 2 then pulls rabbit 1 forwards and kicks him away.

Sword reversal, killer blow:

Rabbit 1 has sword, rabbit 2 does not.

Rabbit 1 jabs forwards with the sword, rabbit 2 jumps to the side and towards rabbit 1 and grabs the handle of the sword. Rabbit 2 stands so his back is to rabbit 1s chest, then flips him over him and slashes him in mid-air.

If rabbit 1 isn't weak enough for the killer blow to work: Rabbit 1 turns the sword around as rabbit 2 stands with his back to his chest and jumps back with the blade in his hand, impaling rabbit 2.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:09 pm

Yeah like, if your last reversal is going to kill the guy, instead of doing a normal reversal animation, it should do a really... a really bad ass move that makes me feel good.

Ultimatum479
Meh. Inadequate.

Post by Ultimatum479 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:22 pm

Reversals are already to be used only in moderation during group fights, since they're so slow that, unless you're specifically aiming to throw people into each other with the reversals, a reversal move usually leaves you spending too much time fighting one enemy while another one just hits you out of the reversal. Flashier, slower moves done seemingly at random (remember the lack of a health bar on enemies, so you won't necessarily know when Turner's going to do a "killing blow" rather than a normal reversal) would make them _completely_ useless in a group fight.

invertin

Post by invertin » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:46 pm

Make them context sensitive killer moves then.

If you are in a crowd and try a killer blow/move/whatever then it will be slightly different, it will still kill that one guy but it'll somehow do a little damage to the others aswell.

Though, if one of them could manage to stop the blow somehow, that would be cool. Like, you try a killer blow in a group but one of them blocks it or something.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:41 pm

Yeah you can make them context sensitive (only in a one on one fight), or just make it so that you have to hold down attack while holding down shift to do it. Or something, that's kind of generic, it could have things like the jump key and then rolling.

But whatever, they don't have to be ridiculously long reversal finishers, just look a little more lethal than normally reversing them. Like how you can slash people 3 times and instead of slashing them a fourth time a killing them, you do a puncture move and it looks really sick but it doesn't put you at a huge combat advantage because it takes basically the same time, it just looks cooler.

Spartan X
please can i have a title soon?

Post by Spartan X » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:19 pm

Like thrusting a sword through the stomach instead of a simple slash? Yeah, thats cool.

super deaths: If you kill a boss or an important character of some kind, their death will have some kind of special effect. Like, instead of killing the alpha wolf and he just flops to the ground, maybe he could roar and struggle to continue fighting, and then collapse to his knees, then you can do a uber finishing move.

But just something like the killer moves.

NovaNoah

Post by NovaNoah » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:52 am

I think Biting would be a nice idea actually, Like if you bite an opposing rabbit he will get a gash on his shoulder. 3 or so bites will kill a rabbit but when biting you are easy to hurt like lets say... the opponent bites at you and you stab him in the neck with you're knife.

Edit: i know another idea.. "Playing Dead"
thats where you press something like Tab and you slump into ragdoll mode. when an enemy sees you then they will think you were killed and continue walking.

Zaphon

Post by Zaphon » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:56 am

Playing dead ("Feign Death") is actually a pretty interesting idea.
Though I think someone have mentioned it already.
It would be cool if you could smear blood from a fallen enemy on yourself to make your trick even more convincing.