Worth registering?

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Svante

Worth registering?

Post by Svante » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:44 am

I'm sure it's worth registering, but before I get carried away please tell me the diffence between the demo and the unlocked version.

(Sorry to say this but the menus and loading screen looks like shit. If you just put a little of the work you put on the rest of the game this game would feel as qualitative(?) as a Rolls Royce.)

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:46 am

The full version has many more levels, more weapons, and wolves. It also includes debug options that let you fly around and such. You will be able to play third party maps/mods and make your own if you want.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:27 am

Don't tell me you're put off by the look of the menus and all, the rest is great, if the menus and loading screen actually ARE bad (They seem good to me :))

Anyway, I think it's worth registering, especially if you want to make/break/play user maps

P.S Yes, qualitative is spelt correctly, or whatever that question mark meant :)

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:41 am

Isn't it "spellt" with two "l"s

Svante

Post by Svante » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:57 pm

I wasn't sure qualitative was a real word. Well, english is flexible.

I just wonder how much better the full version is. Does swords and such bring it to a whole new level or is it just a nice feature. I also wonder how many maps the campain/challange has.

Wow! Level editor. My hands are shaking. How powerful is it? Can you add dialogue?

Nazgul11
LoTR@localhost

Post by Nazgul11 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:19 pm

Yes I believe that you can add dialogue. There are 14 challenge levels in all. And a good amount of campaign levels. The campaign is a very quality campaign, and a lot of fun. There are a lot of enjoyable custom made maps around as well.

I would definitely buy it if I where you.

Sectaurs

Post by Sectaurs » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:47 pm

Crill3 wrote:Isn't it "spellt" with two "l"s
no :P

one 'L'

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:02 pm

Nazgul11 wrote:Yes I believe that you can add dialogue.
I am sure it's possible, but David remains the only person yet who has done this. I've been trying to add dialogue for some time, but I gave up, it just didn't work. That was kind of frustrating.

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:10 pm

Agreed, as far as I know nobody but david has been able to get the dialog commands in the console to work.

Albab
This title is part one ...

Post by Albab » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:14 pm

Svante wrote:I wasn't sure qualitative was a real word. Well, english is flexible.

I just wonder how much better the full version is. Does swords and such bring it to a whole new level or is it just a nice feature. I also wonder how many maps the campain/challange has.

Wow! Level editor. My hands are shaking. How powerful is it? Can you add dialogue?
It was the wrong word, but what the hell. Dialogue is broken, for some reason. Stil, worth registering.

Albab
This title is part one ...

Post by Albab » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:16 pm

Sectaurs wrote:

one 'L'
I thought it was "Spelled", but I could be mistaken.

Sectaurs

Post by Sectaurs » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:40 pm

Albab wrote:
Sectaurs wrote:

one 'L'
I thought it was "Spelled", but I could be mistaken.
When in doubt, firefox's built in dictionary.com browser answers these sort of questions for me. They allowed spelt, so its good in my book. Spelled is also in there, I'm not exactly sure the circumstances required to use one over the other.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:03 pm

Spelt in my dictionary widget is "Chiefly Brit."

And that means I use a mixture of US english and… less common english :P

MrDavid37

Post by MrDavid37 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:13 pm

Swords are good fun, but they can sometimes be a bit annoying as enemies grab them almost 70% (not a real statistic) of the time, but if you got the right time place and setting there Great (spelt! with a capital G)

I think its the staffs will really draw your eye, such fun! The textures are also really editable I, with no experience in anything like this, found I could change whatever I wanted! Yea I think you should register you'll find yourself coming back now and then, just to relive the glorious day you bought the full version (Heck I sure did!)

Edit: The demo comprises a heap more campaign lvls and quite a few more challenge levels, the mods are great. Gotta love those starwars mods, and the matrix mod is awesome.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:01 pm

The matrix mod is awesome? Umm, sorry, but it is NOT awesome, it only became good when I tweaked it by making the ground and blocks matrix-style, added matrix symbol snow, and made the sky black. sorry, but matrix clothing and matrix fire and greenish (I think) smoke and nothing else isn't really that impressive…

(I didn't upload it anywhere, I just tried to make the mod I downloaded look like the screenshot of "the matrix, dun dun dun…" that someone put somewhere around here)

P.S Yes, staff = fun = My Favourite Weapon (Well, sort of, I like sword Vs. sword battles, and knife throwing, too)