Shanking!

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Ovaltine
Over-enthusiastic zoo patron

Post by Ovaltine » Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:01 am

I actually think the knife should have less accuracy when thrown. It's just too easy.

Oh, and how about some more athstetic (screw you, it's too late to spell) animations, like when doing a front flip, Turner puts the knife in his mouth instead of keeping it in his hand.

PS: I just had the AMAZING idea to make a pirate skin. This is going to be xtreme.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:50 am

Whoa, Ovaltine that could be a really cool idea. The knife could be like more mobile than any of the other weapons. Turner could put the knife in his mouth and run animal style (see, can't do that with a sword or a staff for obvious reasons). Incorperate the wieght class that alters your movement. In Counter-Strike you run slow with a machinegun and fast with a knife. Cept you should probably slow down whether your weapon is in your hand or not.
It could be a whole new concept, instead of only carrying two weapons. Turner could carry more or less weapons based on size and maybe weight. It could be like a whole belt full of knives, maybe one on the chest and another at the ankles. Turner could be like this dual weilding, multi-carrying, knife action player that has all the moves. Maybe he wasn't very good with weapons at first, but now he should be all super proficient like, a real proffesional.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:57 am

Zantalos wrote:Maybe he wasn't very good with weapons at first, but now he should be all super proficient like, a real proffesional.
Yeah right - we trained this freaking bunny for quite a few months, it has to be an awesome killer machine by now!

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:47 pm

Zantalos wrote: It could be a whole new concept, instead of only carrying two weapons. Turner could carry more or less weapons based on size and maybe weight. It could be like a whole belt full of knives, maybe one on the chest and another at the ankles. Turner could be like this dual weilding, multi-carrying, knife action player that has all the moves. Maybe he wasn't very good with weapons at first, but now he should be all super proficient like, a real proffesional.
Not quite new, many MUDs have this implemented.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:28 pm

Uh MUDs? Aren't those things text based dugeons and dragon many people create on forums? I think people play them on whole websites too (Kingdom Of Loathing is an example?). Ya I guess it's not a something new. For some reason, I have to say "a whole new concept" whenever I think something is cool, I use that term way to loosely around Lugaru.
So maybe it's nothing new, and I've never actually played a traditional MUD before (oh wait I have, I just sucked at it). But, if the concept was cool it should be put into other games too. Since Lugaru will have no special backpacks, everything will probably still be seen hanging on the body like before, so will Turner have a bit more practical ingenuity this time?
then again maybe he shouldn't, alot of these ideas just make the game more complicated, kind of messing up the easy interface of the original.

Ovaltine

Post by Ovaltine » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:49 pm

I think that's a little too complicated. I like Lugaru because it's just like.. simple... and nice!

Anyway, I think Turner shouldn't be able to run with a knife not because of weight, but because it's a bad message. It teaches kids unsafe habits.

Eric
Support Ninja Master

Post by Eric » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:31 pm

Ovaltine wrote:I think Turner shouldn't be able to run with a knife not because of weight, but because it's a bad message. It teaches kids unsafe habits.
O come on. there is nothing wrong with running with a knife :). If you want to play a game which teaches unsafe habits play GTA, or almost any other game, but that one came to mind first.

crackinthekraken

Post by crackinthekraken » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:14 am

Ovaltine wrote:I think that's a little too complicated. I like Lugaru because it's just like.. simple... and nice!

Anyway, I think Turner shouldn't be able to run with a knife not because of weight, but because it's a bad message. It teaches kids unsafe habits.
I also think that it's unsafe for rabbits to fight wolves in single combat.

Ovaltine

Post by Ovaltine » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:06 am

crackinthekraken wrote:
Ovaltine wrote:I think that's a little too complicated. I like Lugaru because it's just like.. simple... and nice!

I also think that it's unsafe for rabbits to fight wolves in single combat.
I agree! As I think Benjamin Franklin put it, the "pen is mightier than the sword"! They should talk out their differences.

crackinthekraken

Post by crackinthekraken » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:50 am

It would be a very short conversation.