batman

Anything else
Freshbite

Re: batman

Post by Freshbite » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:32 am

I was really hoping for a The Riddler comeback, mostly because I tend to love the works of Jim Carrey. But since Jim most likely will not be the one casting Riddler, I think it would be a failure.

Ebrahim

Post by Ebrahim » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:42 am

Obviously it cant be the Joker for multiple reasons, and I agree with *Edit Whewhpsy*FRESHBITE that if you cant get Jim Carrey do not cast the Riddler. Me am make think Two face or crock ock
Last edited by Ebrahim on Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:12 pm

i was reading about it not too long ago, and they said that if they do have the riddler, it will be Jim Carrey. but other sites have said that the next film will see the Joker and Harley taking on our husky voiced hero.

there is, of course the chance that they will make like marvel did for spiderman 3, and have the riddler, the joker and harley take him on. of course that could be awkward, what with heath ledger being dead and all, but it would still be cool. another thing that i have read is that the joker will be in the third film, but he will be played by Johnny Depp. of course at this stage everything is still speculation, i dont think they have even announced a third film so fire away.

Precastwig

Post by Precastwig » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:26 pm

Am i the only one to think of the penguin? he's so awesome.

Ebrahim

Post by Ebrahim » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:18 pm

I dislike the penguin for the simple fact he bit some poor geezers nose off, yuck.

Anywhoop I never thought of Johnny Depp and I think he could bring some amazing acting into the third movie.

invertin

Post by invertin » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:57 pm

I believe they've said that the penguin was one of the unrealistic villains they won't do, but then they did Ra's Al Ghul already and changed his backstory to make sense, so they could easily redesign him. Wasn't he raised by penguins or something? I forget.

There's also been theories of Catwoman, mainly because of that one line "It should do well against cats", and apparently Begins had hints about Two-Face, so it's not unlikely. But then Catwoman isn't really a big villain, she's somewhere in between anti-villain and anti-hero. If she shows up that'd be cool, but not as a main threat.

Apart from that there aren't many big dangerous villains to choose from, since a lot of them rely on supernatural or science fiction superpowers... Hush maybe?

Riddler and Harley are the obvious and most likely choices. Something completely out of the blue would be interesting, but I think most people would be disappointed if they didn't show up.

Personally I'd like Scarecrow to return again. Apparently they're planning this one to be the last of the Dark Knight saga, so I'd love for him to show up as a serious threat again.

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:14 pm

Ebrahim wrote:... I agree with fleshbite that if you ...
I feel violated D:

But seriously, if they are making a final Batman movie, they should either have...

A) Jim Carrey as The Riddler.
B) Some sexy broad as Harley Quinn. (Preferably Rose McGowan) <-- She's a fricking perfect fit!
C) Arnold Schwarzenegger as Dr. Victor Fries (aka Mr.Freeze)
D) As Zoidberg said, a rundown of all three.

I seriously believe that the original cast for these characters would be the most awesome choise, with an exception for Quinn, since Arleen Sorkin who casted as her in "Return of The Joker" (2000) is in fact 54 years old. But what do I know... make-up these days can do wonders.

And Zoidberg, Heath Ledger and Johnny Depp has already played together as the "same" roll in a movie before. (Along with Jude Law and Colin Farell)
Check out: The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

Johnny Depp might just work as a Heath stand-in, one more time.

invertin

Post by invertin » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:58 pm

Not sure about Freeze making an appearance. He's a cool villain, (pun not intended) but he wouldn't really fit in the Dark Knight universe, the cryostasis backstory wouldn't be believable.

Aspen

Post by Aspen » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:40 pm

And we don't need this again:
Let's kick some ice.

----
I am opposed to another Batman movie, I am lacking the fan-heart. I look forward to a Superman movie. And the combat is begging to be thrown to someone who doesn't make a kryptonite island. In other words: Lose Lex Luthor.

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:54 am

i agree with invertin, freeze might not make much sense at the moment.

and
Freshbite wrote:Rose McGowan
am i the only one who thinks that she has weird eyes, a strange nose, and is just generally not very attractive?

shadow717

Post by shadow717 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:40 am

zoidberg rules wrote:
Freshbite wrote:Rose McGowan
am i the only one who thinks that she has weird eyes, a strange nose, and is just generally not very attractive?
No, no your not. She resembles the alien in your avatar. Anyways I would think Bane might be a good badguy, or maybe killer crock. I'm really not in love with Jim Carrey, and I personally didn't like him as the riddler in other movies, however the riddler would also make a good villain.

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:00 am

yeah, i was thinking about kiler croc, but i didnt wanna say it for fear of invertin killing me.

and, if she resembles the alien in my avatar, i would be able to bear making love to her, i could not, therefore, she looks nothing like the alien in my avatar.

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:44 pm

zoidberg rules wrote:am i the only one who thinks that she has weird eyes, a strange nose, and is just generally not very attractive?
I guess Harley Quinn is not suppose to be the "sexy female" of the story, just slightly attractive and sexually provoking.

EDIT: And yes, I would like to see Killer Croc, too.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:05 pm

I dunno, it seems the latest "Dark Knight" series has been using a much more darker villans

For example in "dark knight" the Joker looks like this:

But in other movies and series he looks like this:

Can an actor like Jim Carrey pull off replaying the riddler again in a darker setting?

TadMod

Post by TadMod » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:16 pm

Am I the only one who loved Jim Carrey as the Riddler?

I found him truly terrifying when I first watched it (granted, I was about 8 ), but still, I think he'd be great even if they wanted a darker film, I mean, have you seen him in "The Number 23" and "The Truman Show"... I think he's pretty suited to dramatic roles IMHO