Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Anything else
zoidberg rules

Re: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Post by zoidberg rules » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:32 pm

Grayswandir wrote:
zoidberg rules wrote:I just hope they don't turn into assholes like Bungie and Epic games and make all of their achievments online...
Yes, making their achievements online makes them assholes. Get a fucking job you slacker...
That isn't the problem I have, (plus I'm only 15) the problem I have is that I can get no permanent hookup to live, I have no problem with some of the achievments being online, it's just when they go like both Bungie and Epic games did, and start updating their achievment list with all of the achievments whether or not you have bought their mind-rapingly priced DLC.

Is it really too much to ask for them to do what Bioware did and only update your achievment list when you buy the DLC which the achievment requires (e.g. The map pack), so that I can keep that "hell yeah, maximum G" feeling for more than the next two days?!

Oh, and I resent that last comment, I do not slack, I just can't be assed to keep up. There is a very slight difference... :lol:

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:29 pm

They update the list of achievements to make you want to complete the list and get FULL COMPLETION and thus buy their DLC. That and its most likely easier to just set up and automatic update that affects everyone rather than the people who do or do not have the DLC.

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:22 pm

It can't be that hard, because the way bioware word it is that the DLC "comes with (insert random crap here) and 1/2 new achievments"

Still, just my opinion.

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:39 pm

People really care that much about achievements?

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:44 pm

Achievements are pretty stupid. Ubisoft has actually set up their own "achievement" system called "Uplay". You get Uplay points by completing levels or objectives in their games which you can then use to buy new items and game modes. What's cool about this is that its free to get these points, you just have to complete stuff within the game you're playing.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:36 pm

Uplay got me my Altaïr outfit for ACII, which was pretty cool. The other things it got me were pretty lame apart from useless, though. *More* throwing knives and access to a 'secret area' in which you can do zip all but follow a short (but admittedly amusing) history of the auditore family.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:33 pm

Grayswandir wrote:Achievements are pretty stupid. Ubisoft has actually set up their own "achievement" system called "Uplay". You get Uplay points by completing levels or objectives in their games which you can then use to buy new items and game modes. What's cool about this is that its free to get these points, you just have to complete stuff within the game you're playing.
Oh so that's what uPlay is. I was wondering what that door was for. Now you've put my mind at rest, if all that will be in there is some achievement browser index, I'm not interested. I thought I was missing something. I'm playing a cracked version which a certain member PM'd me about.
zoidberg rules wrote:It can't be that hard, because the way bioware word it is that the DLC "comes with (insert random crap here) and 1/2 new achievments"

Still, just my opinion.
That's a neat opinion.

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:49 am

I thought it was pretty neat too.

Hey Ren, we both thought that it was neat, we have so much in common, we should make love! :lol:

I personally think that this Uplay system is a pretty damn good idea.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:54 am

No we shouldn't, you're not neat enough. Your mother told you to clean your room or you won't be neat. Neat is the key to my heart, and you'll never unlock it.

Considering I didn't get into the uPlay room because I'm a pirate YARRRRR I can't comment on that.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:31 am

Do what you want 'cos a pirate's games are free...
*Ahem*

Dudeman

Post by Dudeman » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:55 pm

As long as you have a legit ubi account, you can use Uplay with a cracked version. It has worked for me with AC2 and SCC.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:57 am

The uPlay Splinter Cell: Conviction section gets you a new game mode, an extra assault rifle, a new costume, and a console theme.

pieface53

Post by pieface53 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:27 am

I hear beta is out next month. anyone know how to get a key

Dudeman

Post by Dudeman » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:35 pm

Oh shiz. I gotta get on that shit!
*Rides elephant to Ubisoft website*

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:01 pm

Honestly, the collector's edition is cool and creepy at the same time.