PsychotropicDog

C4 rabbit mod - new model with morphs [updated]

Post by PsychotropicDog » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:50 pm

Well here it is at last...
Updated with mod data

let's see it on YouTube

EDIT: get it here...
http://www.moddb.com/downloads/lugaru-c4rabbit
Last edited by PsychotropicDog on Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PsychotropicDog

Re: C4 rabbit mod - new model with morphs

Post by PsychotropicDog » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:19 pm

for Lugaru Empire, both textures in the original mod were png's ( maybe change due to odd pattern)

hopefully this is not too inconvinient to grab here:

Edit - removed.

Even without C4 the first time you see your character you get a moire pattern - you look like a striped glowing corderoy. (something I also noticed I think somewhere in another mod)
I removed the blackfur.png and it defaulted to the Turner fur (fur3). It may be the png is letting some of the default texture through causing unwanted display.
I have not tried level editing etc, but if the fur can be switched to a darker jpg (fur2 or furdarko) as opposed to a png ...

I know not what to expect from the furwhite.png

edit:
this fur (fur2) has better results, avoiding the oddness:
edit - included in updated version
Last edited by PsychotropicDog on Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

underthedeep

Post by underthedeep » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:30 pm

ssuhhhhhhweeeeeeeeeet! installing now.

PsychotropicDog

Post by PsychotropicDog » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:46 pm

Well I slid down the ramp in Temple, did one of the Seven Tasks, and remembered something else...

I took a clone brush to a couple of the high def ground textures to make it easier for me to find the knife. They go in /Textures

edit - now in the updated version
Attachments
modGround.zip
(1.15 MiB) Downloaded 451 times
Last edited by PsychotropicDog on Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tannim

Post by tannim » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:52 pm

The rabbit looks good overall. Not 100% liking the head shape and ear shape. Body I do like.

Now, on to the problem... When fighting enemies in my mini campaign, I noticed that Turner spins around for every punch or kick he makes. Even when facing an enemy he spins completely around before hitting them. Increased load time per level is also noticed, though it could be because of the HD Pack.

Somehow landing near a boulder in my Spiral Stair map(I love that one and cave maze :) Turner seems to have twisted his ankle as he then fell down. I've never seen him do that when no enemies were around.

PsychotropicDog

Post by PsychotropicDog » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:25 pm

Since I wanted to keep the eyes in the same location as the orignal, as I am still not sure if moving them would have an effect, the head is a bit of a compromise. Hope it grows on you.

Err, a personal mini campaign?
I have not played all the mods, well, all 5 of them. I have no idea why Turner would spin around for every attack, that is odd. Load time probably is longer, partly because of the increase in the amount of triangles. I am considering a compressed jpg version as an additional option; howver the size of the uncompressed jpg's are often already smaller in KB, and dimensions remain fixed at 512x512 pixels and RGB 8bit. If there is an overall palette [color table?] I should try and limit them to, that may also be an option.

As far as falling down with no enemies around? I have always been able to accomplish that, often tripping over boulders I thought I could summersault over.

tannim

Post by tannim » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:38 am

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4292 My mini campaign with some fun maps and chibi enemies("mini" campaign, I literally just thought of that as I typed this)

Download it and give it a try. The first level or two may be a bit unimaginative but wait until you get to cave maze, spiral stair, Collapsed Valley, 3D maze, and hell, even Block Ruins(I really enjoy this one)

type proportion 2 1 1 0.2 for best effect at the start of each map. See if you can make it to (and through) Multi Level. Though be prepared to spend some time on it as just to get through it takes quite a while even flying.

PsychotropicDog

Post by PsychotropicDog » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:15 am

I have to say it looks like fun. I tried first without the proportions and that is a sure way to get stuck.

I did not see Turner spinning around before every kick and punch.

The way I use a mod -
unzip Lugaru (it's ~35MB) make a copy of the 'pristine' version
rename the folder to say, Lugaru-Tannim
(~/Lugaru-Tannim/Lugaru/)
copy the mod data where it has to go
copy the C4 data where it has to go
make a shortcut, rename it, drag it to desktop
enter game, set options, exit
restart game, make a character, enjoy.

PsychotropicDog

Post by PsychotropicDog » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:10 am

- fully tested Seven Tasks, Temple

Ancestral tales needs some textures.

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:26 pm

That extra full-spin bit seems to come and go randomly,and on all kinds of maps. I've noticed it a little more frequently after something crashes/seizes the game, it comes on after restarting. Doesn't seem to make my character take any extra hits, but it does look pretty goofy.

Of course I've been playing on a coal-powered Abacus adding machine.

PsychotropicDog

Post by PsychotropicDog » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:11 am

That seems odd - does it happen on standard Lugaru? Maybe the extra triangles are causing the game to go into panic mode on sluggish systems, maybe it's some sort of mouse/keyboard snafu, or something else. Could check with the original models (Body.solid, Bodylow, body[2->7] ) and skeletons (Basic Figure, Basic Figurelow).

- side notes...
Finished 'Reluctant Assassin' and played through 'Empire' with no problems.
- did first 2 levels of Tannim's; should be ok

'Ancestral Tales' needs some textures, and map editing.
- cobbled a set of ironarmor together using projections.
- fixed 3 maps - need to play through and fix as I go.

tannim

Post by tannim » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:12 pm

Level 5 of my mini campaign is 3D Maze. Try that one and the ones after it : )

Also, some maps your model works right on with no spasms and spinning, others it seems to spin on.

PsychotropicDog

Re: C4 rabbit mod - new model with morphs [updated]

Post by PsychotropicDog » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:28 pm

Still not seeing the spinning. I of course play on easier mode - perhaps that plays a part.

Updated with textures for the 'known' mods, and adjusted maps for ancestral tales.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:26 am

Tannim, I have that same problem with Turner spinning in mods, but only on levels that equal a "dialog" level on the main campaign. I've never been able to figure out why, but it seems very consistent. And in some cases (like Reluctant Assassin) makes it quite difficult.

PsychotropicDog

Post by PsychotropicDog » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:42 am

I was hoping this would be in the MOD section of the games download section by now.