Discount of some kind?(Its about overgrowth 'kay)

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Vibhor

Discount of some kind?(Its about overgrowth 'kay)

Post by Vibhor » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:46 am

I wanna ask if there is gonna be some kind of christmas discount or something for the game as 30$ is way too costly for me.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Re: Discount of some kind?(Its about overgrowth 'kay)

Post by Anton » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:16 pm

I wouldn't expect any kinds of discount this year, or even next... the game is still in alpha, and they can't afford to discount it before there is a product to sell...

Jackrabbit

Post by Jackrabbit » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:04 pm

I think a discount really won't happen untill the beta's maybe, but in my opinion a discount shouldn't happen because really wolfire deserves the money they get and maybe the money is crucial to the development :)
but if 30$ is really that costly to you maybe you should persuade someone from giving you money using this statement "this game is in alpha mode now and it costs 30$, if the beta releases the price goes up so it might end up becoming something like 60$ :'(" that worked for me :lol: if that doesn't persuade them use this "and if I buy it during alpha I'll get the flashy title of preorderer :D"

Vibhor

Post by Vibhor » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:40 pm

Jackrabbit wrote:I think a discount really won't happen untill the beta's maybe, but in my opinion a discount shouldn't happen because really wolfire deserves the money they get and maybe the money is crucial to the development :)
but if 30$ is really that costly to you maybe you should persuade someone from giving you money using this statement "this game is in alpha mode now and it costs 30$, if the beta releases the price goes up so it might end up becoming something like 60$ :'(" that worked for me :lol: if that doesn't persuade them use this "and if I buy it during alpha I'll get the flashy title of preorderer :D"
I could do that but the problem is 30$ ARE too much in my country
in 30$ I could buy 3 AAA games and still be left with enough money to buy a pizza.

Lord_of_Sausage

Post by Lord_of_Sausage » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:51 am

In which country do you live in? 30$ is really cheap. In dk, an AAA game is about 45-60$ <.<

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:26 pm

Lord_of_Sausage wrote:In which country do you live in? 30$ is really cheap. In dk, an AAA game is about 45-60$ <.<
And sometimes more. So yep, 30$ is not much really.

Vibhor

Post by Vibhor » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:16 pm

Lord_of_Sausage wrote:In which country do you live in? 30$ is really cheap. In dk, an AAA game is about 45-60$ <.<
I live in India
the conversion rates are a killer.
1 dollar costs like 50 rupees.
this easily makes the price near 1300 which is really not acceptable

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:43 pm

You're not adjusting to inflation. Maybe $30 is a lot for him, ie, they earn less in India? That's why stuff seemingly costs less? :P

dotseandot

Post by dotseandot » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:06 pm

In India you can buy games and dvds for very cheap (I'm not talking about the pirated dvds either!) . So i can see why $30 seems like alot for a game in Alpha. Even for me living in the UK it seems like alot. They would probably benefit from a 20-50% off sale. I would certainly buy it then, and i'm sure it would bring in quite alot of new preorders.

EDIT: Minecraft was pretty cheap and it's made millions. It goes to show that in at least some cases having a lower price can generate more money.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:37 pm

dotseandot wrote:In India you can buy games and dvds for very cheap (I'm not talking about the pirated dvds either!) . So i can see why $30 seems like alot for a game in Alpha. Even for me living in the UK it seems like alot. They would probably benefit from a 20-50% off sale. I would certainly buy it then, and i'm sure it would bring in quite alot of new preorders.

EDIT: Minecraft was pretty cheap and it's made millions. It goes to show that in at least some cases having a lower price can generate more money.
A normal game bought off the store can cost 50 or 60 dollars (in Western countries, it's much cheaper in India), so compared to that you're already getting 50% off. This doesn't help those living in India, since it's several times more than what commercial games usually cost in there.

ThomasTheNord

Post by ThomasTheNord » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:08 am

i have found this 15% discount on The Humble Store so i hope this will help :)
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/ov ... storefront