How do you get up?

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
TheCrazyness

How do you get up?

Post by TheCrazyness » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:34 pm

I get a perfect stealth kill, but of course this alerts a nearby bunny. So I have to duke it out with him, but he knocks me down once, and then my bunny tries to get up, get knocked down before I can react, and then my bunny tries to get up, get knocked down before I can react, and then my bunny tries to get up, get knocked down before I can react, and then I die.

What am I supposed to do?

Lotus Wolf

Re: How do you get up?

Post by Lotus Wolf » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:16 pm

Try rolling away from enemies.

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:18 pm

^ ^ ^ yes indeed!

Also, you can handspring away from them, which can be a little faster and which looks very cool... I'm pretty rusty at the controls, but I think you hold the "back up" button-- the "s" key in wasd-- and hold down the attack button on the mouse.

The more beat up your bunny gets the slower he gets up, and the same vulnerability goes for your opponents-- the 2nd or 3rd time your enemy gets up is a great time to Rabbit Kick/Leg Cannon them into a wall!! wheee!

h2ostra

Post by h2ostra » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:07 am

kehaar wrote:^ ^ ^ yes indeed!

Also, you can handspring away from them, which can be a little faster and which looks very cool... I'm pretty rusty at the controls, but I think you hold the "back up" button-- the "s" key in wasd-- and hold down the attack button on the mouse.

The more beat up your bunny gets the slower he gets up, and the same vulnerability goes for your opponents-- the 2nd or 3rd time your enemy gets up is a great time to Rabbit Kick/Leg Cannon them into a wall!! wheee!
I have a bad habit of being roundhouse-kicked into oblivion if I'm not careful about my handsprings. I generally find rolling to be much safer.

Krabman318

Post by Krabman318 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:15 am

I might be wrong, but i´m pretty sure you can avoid falling damage with a handspring by pressing space just as you hit the ground in active ragdoll.

h2ostra

Post by h2ostra » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:29 pm

Krabman318 wrote:I might be wrong, but i´m pretty sure you can avoid falling damage with a handspring by pressing space just as you hit the ground in active ragdoll.
Yes this is true and very useful to master. aside from avoiding falling damage, it keeps you moving, rather than on the ground and stationary

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:15 am

Handspringing off of a structure can also vault you down really quickly and put you closer to the ground, so there's less of a chance of even going into ragdoll mode in the first place.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:45 pm

Yes, same with rolling off. I'll have to try the space thing, although I have recovered from a missed rabbit kick that way before, albeit accidentally.