New Mods

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
nicolasx

New Mods

Post by nicolasx » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:23 pm

K I just was planning to start this thread to see if any new mods are being developed Lotus Wolf was kind enough to tell me that he is working on a sequel to reluctant assassin but that it probably will be finished after he is done with collage anyways just wanted to see if any modders out there are still working on this game? :)

Indigo

Re: New Mods

Post by Indigo » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:09 pm

Oh god, Reluctant Assassin was just way too hard for me to beat :? Had to give up.
Other campaigns would be nice. Lotus's mod just had me cornered for hours on the same stage until i had to rage quit.

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:33 pm

Heh heh! It's all up to you guys! It's a pretty big project to build campaigns with the Lugaru engine. Overgrowth is going to make building and story setup about 95% easier, and with more plot options, so I think a fair number of folks who have story ideas are waiting 'til it's finished.

If anyone is still interested in modding Lugaru and needs help on installing dialogue and linking maps for a campaign, I think I can remember most of it for Mac, and I believe Endoperez (?) posted a bunch of helpful links for PC.

Meanwhile, you might try these map packs to get your Kung Fu Rabbit deficiency refilled-- they're still available for download.
The mighty skraeling (The 7 Tasks) posted this one.

Also, Tannim and bobdole made really fun map packs.

Some of the bobdole ones need a pretty strong rig to get a good framerate, and a couple have some glitches, but most run great, and the climbing around on boulders at high altitude ones are awesome. Tannim's maps are tricky and trippy, too... Chibi ass-kicking ftw.

Here's Tannim's Mini-Campaign

... and here's bobdole's Map Pack

SmashOgre

Post by SmashOgre » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:32 am

kehaar: Thanks :)

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:59 pm

I was daydreaming about make a Lugaru campaign for ages, but I flaked. Probably just gonna wait for OG.

Here are some maps for Lugaru I put together a while ago, though.

Wordsmith

Post by Wordsmith » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:03 pm

I'm working on a short, simple campaign, but the dialogues are really bugging me, and I'm having trouble finding time to work on it. Hopefully get it done soon-ish :D

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:12 pm

Sorry my campaign was so hard. While working on a larger project I got really good at Lugaru and made it to challenge myself. When I released Reluctant Assassin I was working on a massive surprise for the forums. Making a campaign was the best way to hint at what I was working on.

I might as well let this out on the forums; I made a huge 75+ level campaign that was never finished.

Since Lugaru doesn't allow more than fifty levels per campaign, I split the story into quarters. It's pretty detailed and makes great use of textures, clothing and armor. I must warn you though, when I made this campaign I WAS BADASS. *Ahem* Sorry, that is to say; it's f*cking hard.

I have the first two chapters laying around somewhere... I could easily package them up as separate campaigns.

Anyone interested?

tannim

Post by tannim » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:17 am

sure, post them up :)

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:56 am

was that the one that I gave you a few textures for?

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:33 pm

Oh great, a campaign that you say is "f*ckin' hard".

That pretty much means I'll get my butt kicked! :lol:

Maybe I'll mod it and just play as a wolf all the time. :P From watching some of the videos people make, I don't think I've ever been more than a low-mediocre at Lugaru. I could *juuuusst* beat my own campaign on Insane, with some maps I had to run 4 or 5 or 6 times to beat.

EDIT: Lotus, I wasn't trying to be discouraging, just joking about my pathetic skillz. By all means post what you got! I'm supposed to be working on maps, too, and have just been too occupied.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:27 pm

kehaar wrote:From watching some of the videos people make, I don't think I've ever been more than a low-mediocre at Lugaru.
Same here

Wordsmith

Post by Wordsmith » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:08 pm

Lotus Wolf wrote:
Anyone interested?
Bring it on!! :D

webhead

Post by webhead » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:21 pm

Hey,

I've been developing a new campaign, and currently is about halfway completed, using Blender I've modeled a new character along with weapons, also creating a handful of new animations for him, giving him his own personality. I'd like to release a trailer soon for you to see my progress.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:15 pm

Working on Ch 1...

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:56 pm

webhead wrote:Hey,

I've been developing a new campaign, and currently is about halfway completed, using Blender I've modeled a new character along with weapons, also creating a handful of new animations for him, giving him his own personality. I'd like to release a trailer soon for you to see my progress.
Wow, can't wait!