Animal ideas for overgrowth

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
bujuman

Animal ideas for overgrowth

Post by bujuman » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:56 pm

I like overgrowth. But i feel like as if it needs more animals that the music video has. So here is my ideas! You guys could put your ideas too! I want this to be like a megathread for all of your animal ideas so post away! If you dont like these ideas well i just want fun exotic and exiting creatures to be in overgrowth instead of limiting the fun with only a limited amount of creatures.

Due to requests i just have to say this. For the existing races there shouldn't just be domestic animals for them, there should be animals like tigers pumas and leopards for cats, and dingoes and other dog animals for dogs.

Characters!
More characters would always be nice!

1. Bears - These guys are like vikings nuff said!

2. Porcqupines - these guys dont need weapons or armor....they just got their spikes to help them!
(Just in case if their overpowered we could use armadillo man instead!)
3. Ferret - These guys are the best at climbing and running to places!

Mounts!
I would like this game to have mounts! Mounts should be fun to ride and also be used for offence! So here is some ideas for them! When ridden most mounts will increase your movement speed by 2x.

1. Cassowary - This in reality is a large flightless bird, When ridden it could run into enemies and knock them off balance. So it would be pretty fun to run into people! This creature increases your movement speed by 2x.

2. Eagle/Falcon - These flying mounts can always give you the high ground! Except you are not on the ground!

Beasts!
I want more beasts! Wolfs are awesome but i need more beasts! They would be just like the wolf and all very powerful and dangerous!

1. Boar - This tyrant will shove its tuck through your heart!

Guys i would really appreciate it if you gave me some more ideas, and corrections for my ideas!
Last edited by bujuman on Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

bujuman

Re: Animal ideas for overgrowth

Post by bujuman » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:38 am

I was thinking of adding elephant man and armadillo man! Should they be added? :|

nutcracker

Post by nutcracker » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:04 pm

Boar mount

tannim

Post by tannim » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:36 pm

Like the idea of armadillo guys.

If you want to push the engine, try a porcupine : ) See how many quills it can render!

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:57 pm

nutcracker wrote:Boar mount
Oh yes! Boars and cassowaries!!! O please! This must be a mod.

With custom pole-arms animations for cavalry fighting! And defensive moves for those on the ground!

How awesome would it be to jump-kick a guy off a charging boar or drag him off a running cassowary?

For the OP, I'd love Racoons and Martens/minks/weasels/otters.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:42 am

Sounds like all this distracting Mount and Blade has done to me may come in handy...
Also, the otters aren't working right now, and I've been to frustrated to rebuild the code and other non-model/texture parts. But, I did have fun making them. Mustids (Or something like that :roll: ) are quite cute, yet I always imagined one of the otters like the Punisher, or the main character in Death Wish. Just plain pissed, and so he goes on a revenge rampage, and starts slamming people's heads into crete walls. Yeah, that'd be sweet.

johndh

Post by johndh » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:28 pm

Hmm... it would be a little weird bringing in a cassowary, as all the animals so far are North American and European, and I'm not aware of the cassowary even being able to be tamed, so I doubt it would tolerate being used as a mount. However, there are ostrich, rhea, and emu farms in the US and Europe, and (AFAIK) all are tamable, so if the isle of Lugaru is indeed on Earth, one of those could be the way to go.

cronomatix

Post by cronomatix » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:47 pm

nutcracker wrote:Boar mount
That actually is a great idea though the sizing may be a bit tricky. I thought that the sizing could be along the lines of the boars from Princess Mononoke.
Attachments
936.jpg
936.jpg (35.44 KiB) Viewed 33378 times

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:09 pm

I can see the issue with the cassowary being foreign to OG's theme is a common one with the stuff I've done: It's not like what's in the game now, or planned. The raptor is along the same lines, now that I'm starting him. It would be cool to have my stuff put into the official release of OG, but it's not going to happen so I'm just doing whatever seems really fun. I'd have fun making content for OG that is more relative, but I also enjoy pushing the limits, which is what the raptor is gonna do, since I don't know how to set up his tail like the wolf's yet.

cronomatix

Post by cronomatix » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:31 pm

Korban3 wrote:I can see the issue with the cassowary being foreign to OG's theme is a common one with the stuff I've done: It's not like what's in the game now, or planned. The raptor is along the same lines, now that I'm starting him. It would be cool to have my stuff put into the official release of OG, but it's not going to happen so I'm just doing whatever seems really fun. I'd have fun making content for OG that is more relative, but I also enjoy pushing the limits, which is what the raptor is gonna do, since I don't know how to set up his tail like the wolf's yet.
There are always different regions in which you can mess around in and also different scenarios, maybe raptors are invading the island. It could be a DLC! And I think since you have contributed so much to the community they should do you the justice of putting one of them in the game!

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:13 am

Thanks and that's a very good idea, but I think I've only done one thing so far :lol:
I do like that idea of raptors invading Lugaru island. Maybe they end up... No. I'm not telling you all my new ideas. That's a spoiler, and I'm not that kind of jerk. But thanks for the inspiration.

bujuman

Post by bujuman » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:52 pm

I like the porcupine idea, and the ferret idea. :)

but for a boar being a mount is a little unfair :( ...it should be a beast because of how aggressive it is!

cronomatix

Post by cronomatix » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:39 pm

bujuman wrote:I like the porcupine idea, and the ferret idea. :)

but for a boar being a mount is a little unfair :( ...it should be a beast because of how aggressive it is!
I see were you are coming from, boars should play a more active role in the Overgrowth universe but I just can't see the boar I'm imagining standing on it's hind legs karate chopping a rabbit...maybe they should be as noble and reclusive as in the movie (fanboyisim FTW!)
(impasse FTW!)

Fidchell

Post by Fidchell » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:27 am

I'd love to see foxes.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:48 pm

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=12101
Here you go fidchell, right there on the first post. Just drag the Data folder your OG install and merge it with the existing Data folder. The fox will be in you characters tab in the editor. He has no fist morphs yet, but he should work fine.