Re: randomness

Post by Grayswandir » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:15 am

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:48 am

I lol'd.

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:12 am

Battlefield 3's campaign is crap. The highlight was a QTE fight against a rat.

Multiplayer is mostly good.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:41 am

and you couldn't use pistols except at one part, and it made you switch away from it, and silenced weapons didn't work.

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:20 am

I was thinking about getting BF3, might not bother this side of a major price drop by the sound of it.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:02 pm

Count Roland wrote:and you couldn't use pistols except at one part, and it made you switch away from it
No one really carried pistols in the campaign at all, so its not like there was much of an option to use one.
and silenced weapons didn't work.
Silenced weapons are only effective before you get spotted, once you're spotted, the game is up and silencers are pointless. Its not like you can be all Sam Fisher and sneak around and pistol someone then sneak in the shadows and do it again. Try cooperative, there's some missions that let you be silent and sneak around and stealthily kill people. Although, once again, once you get spotted, the enemies set off an alarm.
zoidberg rules wrote:I was thinking about getting BF3, might not bother this side of a major price drop by the sound of it.
Don't get Battlefield 3 unless you're interested in the multplayer aspect more than the single player. The campaign isn't great, but its not bad either, and there are 6 online cooperative missions you can play with other people. However, the main focus is multiplayer.

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:25 pm

Yeah I thought it might have been, and that was really confirmed with the fact that disk 1 on the 360 was MP, with single player taking disk 2. Still I love the BF multiplayer, so I might look into it in a few months time.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:37 pm

Wait, there's 2 discs for the 360 version? :?

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:52 pm

Disk 1 has the Multiplayer/Co-op content on it, while Disk 2 has the Single player campaign and the optional high-resolution texture pack (which affects both single player and multiplayer). I suggest you install the texture pack if you get the game, it looks rather terrible without it.

Comparing it to the PS3 version where everything is on one disk, but you have a mandatory install of the game (including the texture pack).

Either way you'll have to install something.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:14 pm

Ah, gotcha. If/when I get I'll be getting it for PS3 anyways, but I was just curious.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:21 pm

Grayswandir wrote:
Count Roland wrote:and you couldn't use pistols except at one part, and it made you switch away from it
No one really carried pistols in the campaign at all, so its not like there was much of an option to use one.
and silenced weapons didn't work.
Silenced weapons are only effective before you get spotted, once you're spotted, the game is up and silencers are pointless. Its not like you can be all Sam Fisher and sneak around and pistol someone then sneak in the shadows and do it again. Try cooperative, there's some missions that let you be silent and sneak around and stealthily kill people. Although, once again, once you get spotted, the enemies set off an alarm.
zoidberg rules wrote:I was thinking about getting BF3, might not bother this side of a major price drop by the sound of it.
Don't get Battlefield 3 unless you're interested in the multplayer aspect more than the single player. The campaign isn't great, but its not bad either, and there are 6 online cooperative missions you can play with other people. However, the main focus is multiplayer.
Yes, nobody carried pistols, but I wanted to use pistols, so there's that problem. Silenced weapons weren't effective because as soon as you shot one everyone noticed. but yeah multiplayer's basically the only point, and I'm not a multiplayer person.

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:33 pm

For some reason, I had to reactivate my account. Any reason this happened? It said a board admin did this. Was this you Freshbite? Or someone else?

EDIT: Nvm, my profile notes thing says it was Eric. It was inactivated, reactivated, inactivated, all by him, and then, apparently, Renеgade_Tưrner(fake) reactivated it when I did. I'm so very confused.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:36 pm

Count Roland wrote:Yes, nobody carried pistols, but I wanted to use pistols, so there's that problem. Silenced weapons weren't effective because as soon as you shot one everyone noticed. but yeah multiplayer's basically the only point, and I'm not a multiplayer person.
Yeah, I gotta agree with you there, I honestly don't remember a mission in the campaign where silenced weapons were even necessary, there were a few where they were given, but it was mostly for effect, unless I was approaching the mission wrong (The missions where you play as the Russian you're given silenced weapons). If you're talking about cooperative, the missions where you have silenced pistols (and the sniper mission), the enemies are in groups, so you have to time it with the other player otherwise the friend of the guy you just shot notices the brains all over the pavement and his partner falling face first in the dirt while gurling nonsense out of a third nostril in his forehead.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:44 pm

Hm. I never saw the movie, but I imagined this scene to be much gorier in my head when I read it in the book.

Then again, it was marketed as a kids' film, so I guess it makes sense that it wasn't horribly graphic.

Eric
Support Ninja Master

Post by Eric » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:25 pm

adwuga wrote:For some reason, I had to reactivate my account. Any reason this happened? It said a board admin did this. Was this you Freshbite? Or someone else?

EDIT: Nvm, my profile notes thing says it was Eric. It was inactivated, reactivated, inactivated, all by him, and then, apparently, Renеgade_Tưrner(fake) reactivated it when I did. I'm so very confused.
Sorry about that. I was doing some forum checking work and you happened to be the name that appeared first when I searched for somebody. I thought i left it activated, but apparently didn't