Unique Weapon Idea and Mechanic

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
makatak

Re: Unique Weapon Idea and Mechanic

Post by makatak » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:28 am

KILLTHIS wrote:I like the idea. Easy and effective. Maybe there could be two kinds of it?

First one: Short, just to immobilize enemies quickly.

Second one: Added rope, so the enemy can be dragged around. Would be interesting. Imagine two rooftops, divided by a little gap; Enemy sees the player and wants to run away, the player just throws it, grabs him and drags him back to him - or maybe the player fixates the enemy onto on point with the enlarged rope.
And then you can hang them using the rope to divert enemy's attention, like in Arkham City! The bolas would be perfect for this game! I always suggest it for any game where it is relavent in any way, but it would fit perfectly in Overgrowth. From a technical standpoint, David and Aubrey are genuises, so I'm sure they can get it to work. The bolas would be throwing only, which I believe no other weapon is in Overgrowth, and would serve a bunch of different purposes. I want it!

zzwerty

Post by zzwerty » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:35 am

For once, a good weapon suggestion! It would be great to see more non-lethal weapons in this game. One of the great things about the Thief games is that the devs didn't force you to kill everyone, they gave you the option to either kill or to knock unconscious. If you think about it, the animals in this game do have lives, as you see in the rabbit huts and the comic.
I take it. It would be a nice addition to have non-lethal weapons for variety.

Imagine you are in a stealth mission and then you use that "bolas" thing and nulify your enemy's legs, so you think you are safe to continue, but then he screams and all the other guards automatically enter in alert mode.
I do hope you mean NEARBY guards: I would hate to have EVERY SINGLE GUARD ON THE WHOLE MAP chasing me without even being able to see where I am!

xzener

Post by xzener » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:40 pm

It'd be cool if this was in it- (I don't know what it is...) http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Ove ... 74AE401F2F