Skinning Ideas

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
»StaffShock«

Skinning Ideas

Post by »StaffShock« » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:35 pm

I've skinned Halo, so why not Lugaru? I'm just not very good at ideas. What do you guys want? Tell me, and I'll try to make it.

leDoOd
What custom title?

Post by leDoOd » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:53 pm

Show us some of your Halo skins, just so we can judge your skill level.

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:30 pm

leDoOd wrote:Show us some of your Halo skins, just so we can judge your skill level.
What for?

Here's some ideas(not full body skins, but decals):
Full body black platemail with chainmail beneath.
Breastplate/half-breastplate with leather strap going around the back
Zombie-turner

Speaking of Halo, I made an MC skin for turner, sort of.
Unfortunately I never finished the back side, but I'd be happy to send you the PSD(all nicely layered and organized) if you are interested.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:24 pm

Hmm, I'm not sure but I believe (from the way he had worded that), that he had made skins for Halo, and now he was moving on to create skins for Lugaru. So, he didn't actually copy your idea, he was just doing something completely different, which was for Halo, not Lugaru. :wink:
I guess that still doesn't make sense, Ledood wants to see the skins from a different game, to see how creative staffshock's ideas are.
I could be completely wrong, that's just what it sounds like or else he would have said "so why not something else for Lugaru?"

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:32 am

Zantalos wrote:Hmm, I'm not sure but I believe (from the way he had worded that), that he had made skins for Halo, and now he was moving on to create skins for Lugaru. So, he didn't actually copy your idea, he was just doing something completely different, which was for Halo, not Lugaru. :wink:
I guess that still doesn't make sense, Ledood wants to see the skins from a different game, to see how creative staffshock's ideas are.
I could be completely wrong, that's just what it sounds like or else he would have said "so why not something else for Lugaru?"
Are you talking to me or to ledood?
If to me.. I know he meant he made skins for Halo, didn't say he was copying my skin :p

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:52 am

Oh, I just didn't understand why you chose to use that quote. It seemed like you had read it wrong, unless you meant that "you shouldn't even want to see his Halo skins, because I had already made a half of one for Lugaru." This was probably extremely obviouse to a normal person, I just couldn't catch the connection. I swear I stared at that for a couple minutes (ok, maybe not a couple) while reading it over and still came up with the same conclusion, you had misunderstood what he was saying.

But now, it apparently wasn't, so it was a bad one on my part, man was I wrong.
I mean, now that I'm reading it again, I can clearly see that you had made one idea on a skin he should create, and then another one for the one you did. I mean my god, what the hell was I thinking?

Do you guys get the same thing for me too, maybe since I read you're posts all funny even though you guys are so fluent; can you understand mine? Maybe I jump around topics differently (I can't seem to sum up ideas that make sense to me, gotta create so many perenthesis), this is the only forum I've been to.

I have an extremely strong urge to just cut out that whole post (I sounded like such a retard), but I'll hold off. This will just make my mess up seem more of a learning experience for me now (maybe, I'll shame myself to not do it again).

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:42 am

How about a KISS skinning? You know, KISS, the rock band?

»StaffShock«

Post by »StaffShock« » Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:06 am

So, make it look like a guy from the rock band? I dunno...

@zip: That MC skin owns! I'm nowhere near that good, but I've done some ok stuff.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:34 am

Just do it already. You said we have the ideas, you'll do the work.

»StaffShock«

Post by »StaffShock« » Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:50 pm

I started working on the KISS skin, it's just the face now but I'll be doing more.

howwitty

Post by howwitty » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:24 pm

lol.

(update?)

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:45 pm

I'm really looking forward to the result! Awesome!

»StaffShock«

Post by »StaffShock« » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:54 pm

Wow, thanks! I thought it sucked. I'll probably update later today. I might edit this post, but if it's more than a day I may double post to get it active again.:wink:

Yeah, I'm that desperate.