I demand a ban.

Endoperez

Re: Tournament TV.

Post by Endoperez » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:06 pm

I don't have blood mod.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:38 pm

Dude, there is so much wrong with all of this. Did you ask, before using the pictures from the fanart thread? Did you do any research whatsoever into what the community has already done with this idea? Did you pay for the game?

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:07 pm

there's not that much wrong with it, it's just (most likely) a pirate who wants to get involved and do things. I don't see the difference between that and a (most likely) regular pirate. please nobody go off on a tirade and try to explain the difference with bullet points and illustrations.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:30 pm

Yes, that's true. What I think some of us are saying is that he did it in a very ignorant way, with little respect to the forum or its members. He obviously had good intentions, but the way he went about this was very blundering, and somewhat insulting. He won't even admit that he pirated the game. I mean it's a pretty unique username, he can't prove that he has ever paid money for the game on any account, so Saedz's quote is pretty incriminating. Anyways, if he had wanted to get involved and do things, he should have done a bit of research, and preordered, just like the rest of us.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:46 am

Hadn't read this one yet.
Just read it.
The idea itself isn't bad, but it would have gone over a lot better if you had bought the game/used your preorder account in it's presentation (I don't see any hat eating, so I assume the former). This community is (Or maybe was. It's seems to be sliding away from it, as it grows) tight knit. We hate pirates because we all have a pretty close relationship with the developers, who you pirated this game from.

Endorgan

Post by Endorgan » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:47 pm

I sincerely apologize for releasing this madman onto the forums.

I had introduced him to Overgrowth a few weeks ago, and he has been following the game in that time, keeping me in his loop of snatching the game through some HTML loophole on the site (someone look into that, not sure if true). Ironically, the SPF is more secure than the alphas; he couldn't access any mods in the SPF.

I remember him greatly enjoying the local multiplayer, to the point of hypothesizing the creation of something akin to Overgrowth Weekly, yet centered on combat only (I've not watch OG Weekly myself so I'm not sure how it delivers in that regard). I can see that he has followed through on his idea, yet in a trolling manner. I do believe that anything he has said can be disregarded as trolling (However, the ideas may be worth taking note of).

Again, sorry about releasing this creature on the forum, and I'll see if I can't convince him to obtain a legal copy of Overgrowth.
Endorgan

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:21 am

Hm, bit of a roundabout, humiliating way of trolling the forum. Anyways, I liked his idea, just not his attitude and approach. Hm. Yeah. I have no idea how he could have exploited the site, but perhaps some more tech savvy members can postulate on that. If you're telling the truth, thanks for the tip. If this is all part of some elaborate, soap opera-esque troll, then tip of the hat to ye anyways. :)

Endorgan

Post by Endorgan » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:24 am

Trolling isn't really my thing. I did my once-in-a-blue-moon forum gleaning when I saw this thread and simply thought, "Aw... it's him." Figured I should at least tell you guys the truth, as you seemed to be getting riled up by his blatant pirating.

Djemps

Post by Djemps » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:48 am

I can only speak for myself, but I'm not concerned about the pirating issue. If anything, helpmoeny is the one who got all riled up when people didn't accept his forum-FAIL with open arms and rounds of applause. Folks started calling him out on his BS and he just kept lying. The fact is that hardly anyone was interested in helpmoeny's 'tournament' project because it wasn't put together well so he started complaining that the OG community was exclusive and unwelcoming to new members. pffffttt.... whatever man. If you want to represent or dear beloved Overgrowth on the interwebs then get your ish together.
Last edited by Djemps on Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:40 pm

Hold on, you spelled "shit" wrong.

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:10 pm

Djemps wrote:I can only speak for myself, but I'm not concerned about the pirating issue.
What I find to be most disturbing was the fact that he didn't even try to seem legit.
The way he has acted, even I am looking down on him with disgust.

I have to agree with Jesse on this one.

underthedeep wrote:

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:49 pm

I know, the sheer blatancy of it was part of what bothered me.