obligatory introduction thread

Anything else
Scrumpeh

Re: obligatory introduction thread

Post by Scrumpeh » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:22 pm

Hey guys, most of you are probably not familiar with me. My name is Louis and i'm a Gamer. I am a huge Lugaru and Overgrowth fan. I've seen a lot of great game developers, but Wolfire takes the cake (by far) (Did i mention it's a delicious cake? :lol:) if I was rich I would donate 10k to the devs, but unfortunately I am not. I currently take Tae-kwon-do classes (a lot of fun)
my goal is to be a really good map maker for Overgrowth (Really good, not the best)
Thank you, Wolfire for making this amazing alpha. Well worth the $30

Scrumpeh

Post by Scrumpeh » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:24 pm

teddward wrote:Hey

Decided to preorder the game it looks really cool and original
cant wait to play as cats

my name is Tedd and I am 21

I am currently in the military and dont have a whole lot of time to play right now but I will try to get my friends to get the game once it comes out

LAN would be pretty fun with this :wink:
Thank you for what you do.

arenter

Post by arenter » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:39 am

Im I--v-- I'm from -u---a--- and im 1- yeah, srry bout that but I'm being a good little boy XD And not giving my true identity lololololololol, nah just thought I'd make it interesting :lol:

Anyways I'm a massive gamer, I love computers and for no particular reason im gona say that i got a High Distinction in a computer test :D

I'm a fast runner but no really the sporty tipe I've been playing games since I was 4

That's just a bit about me XD you may see some of my posts in the secret preorderer forums

Mr_Jericho

Post by Mr_Jericho » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:07 pm

Hey, thought the game Lugaru was brilliant and I've finally, eventually (when the question of 'will I find some extra spending money this week' was answered...) put down a worthy preorder on Overgrowth. Love Reciever also, even though my best is 2 tapes out of 11...keep up the good work lads!

ashencandy

Post by ashencandy » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:10 am

Hi people. I wound up going for Overgrowth after hearing murmuring about it in places and then was sold upon hearing the crunchiest of noises in actual gameplay. Now assuming the current computer can run things I am very excited.
I can't think of much else to add. Expect lurking and not much else.

SPITFIRE118xxx

Post by SPITFIRE118xxx » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:15 pm

I'm Spitfire, I have planned to make Youtube videos, just not yet.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:15 am

This isn't the first time I joined a forum, but this time I might just as well do it the right way and use the introduction thread.

My name is EPR89 (if you want my real name you'll have to activate those stalking skills) and I have been thinking about getting Overgrowth for at least a year. I found out about it by stumbling across Lugaru a while ago. Probably sometime in 2009. I'm not even sure anymore. So much time... Anyway, I have to be honest here: I was not a big fan of Lugaru's combat, but the art behind it and the incredible quality despite its indie status were what hooked me and brought me back to Wolfire time and again. And when I saw Overgrowth I was hooked instantly. It seemed to tackle all the issues I had with Lugaru, and watching the updates only made me appreciate this little company more. So much effort, so much quality and so much connection with the community.
And now I have finally decided to actively support them by preordering Overgrowth. And since being a member of the forum will make it a lot easier for me to give feedback and get help I am now here.
This will probably not become my main forum, since I am already part of a community somewhere else, but so far this place seems pretty sweet.
And I heard about parties in the Secret Preorder Forum...

seanbotv2.0

Post by seanbotv2.0 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:04 pm

Yo.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:28 am

You took your time.

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:32 am

Sup bitches.

TheYardbird

Post by TheYardbird » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:25 am

Hellu! I'm Mike, 21 years old, swedish, musician - been playing drums for about 8 years, super pc-game nerd.
I donno anything about programing games or anything, I'd like to, but I'm probably way too lazy to make the effort to learn.
Well... That's all I can think of, I think... Oh well, bye!

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:21 am

Sup bitch, y u leavin' so soon?

Warden

Post by Warden » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:36 am

What's shakin? I want to talk about my discovery of Wolfire games and any related thoughts I've had until this point.

I've come here long after hearing about Overgrowth on 4Chan's /v/ a couple months ago, then playing Receiver a while after that. Recently I've downloaded and played (a lot of) the Lugaru demo which helped solidify my decision to pre-order Overgrowth. I know it's not exactly the same thing but combined with what I've seen from the alpha videos, the decision was easier and including Receiver as an incentive really helps. Those videos were a great idea guys.

When I first heard about Overgrowth and Wolfire games in general, I initially thought the developers shot themselves in the foot by creating the animal/human characters. This was because I was afraid that it would attract people who push for sexual themes or content where I'd think it would subtract from the game. It wasn't something I wanted to be around.
It seems I was not completely wrong on my assumption.

Even then, I really liked the direction the developers were taking the game from what I could see in the demonstration videos. Again, those really helped me in deciding if I wanted to buy the game or not but I can understand the concern that videos may be affecting development. I really like the attention to detail that's been put into the game. I'm talking about stuff like the details on the weapons and how each has specified sharp and blunt sides that have a meaningful difference or the level of customization in the editor or the quality of the animations or how David explains development problems and how he goes about fixing them. Hell, I even like Aubrey and David's voices. I don't see this level of fine tuning in many other games. Actually, I don't think I've ever seen such attention to detail. Or maybe I've just never seen it advertised. In any case, I'm looking forward to pre ordering and leaping off of walls and fighting rabbits and so on. I really like the aesthetic and the atmosphere of the game too. I like the vastness of the spaces, I like the setting and I'm interested in the story and its elements such as exploring possible villages/strongholds/outposts/etc. What ultimately sold me for buying Overgrowth was the video of the first major update for Receiver, particularly when David's talking about spinning the cylinder on the S&W.
There's no real practical reason to doing this, but it seemed incomplete to include a revolver without the ability to do this.
That's what I'm growing to love about Wolfire Games. It's those little things.

I'm still actually hesitant about pre ordering. My previous experience with pre ordering a game in alpha wasn't satisfactory because the game turned into a direction I wasn't satisfied with. The finished product was also more unplayable than my pre ordered access. I was expecting more meaningful content to be added but nothing that suited my interests came. That game was Minecraft. But from I've seen so far, I think I'll come to adore Overgrowth legitimately aside from what I've been shown without actually trying it.

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:16 pm

Warden wrote:What's shakin? I want to talk about my discovery of Wolfire games and any related thoughts I've had until this point. [...]
Beefy introduction. I approve.

Welcome to the Wolfire Forum.

Lexusex

Post by Lexusex » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:51 am

Hello there. It is nice to meat you all, I am certain you all are decent people. :)
While I heard about Overgrowth a while ago and it sounded pretty interesting, the reason I finally decided to register and introduce myself is recently realised Desperate Gods, little Gem I and my extremly nerdy roommates came across some time ago.
Up to date this little game became our daily evening routine with all new added cards and custom rules and I figured it is about time to try to join the community where this gem was forged. I do hope it is going to be a long stay with lots of sharing, modding and other fun stuff.