Overgrowth - Random Idea Dumping Thread

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Ninjas

Post by Ninjas » Wed May 03, 2006 12:40 pm

I think it would be cool if turner used his super hearing like one of those directional spy microphnes so that he could overhear conversations and stuff from far away

Madfrenzy

Post by Madfrenzy » Wed May 03, 2006 1:43 pm

i have this very wild idea... Battle stances. You know, like the mantis stance, snake stance and tiger stance. Every stance would have different attacks, strengths and weaknesses. The mantis stance would mainly focus on quick jabs, for example.

leDoOd
What custom title?

Post by leDoOd » Wed May 03, 2006 2:27 pm

I don't think that smelling would be a good idea, seeing as a rabbit's main trait is its hearing. However, if wolf missions were made (:D) then smell vision could be replaced for hearing vision!

In this mode, there could be different colors for different scents, depending on if they were recent or not. Recent things could be red, and then they could slowly fade to purple or black as the scent deteriorated. Enemies could be green blobs, and inanimate things could just be black blobs.

FoxInABox

Post by FoxInABox » Wed May 03, 2006 4:29 pm

a rabbit's main trait is its hearing
makes sence that smell shouldn't be that important then.

Will the storymode be in lugaru 2 ?

I would like to be able to walk all over the lugaru 1 storymode map, and instead of having A story you have to follow then have sub and main quests, that way the only thing that stop us from walking everywhere would be foes, walls and the sea.

so when you go outside one map zone then the map will show what zone that is being loaded.

Stockable throwing weapons (like smaller daggers, ninja stars)

howwitty

Post by howwitty » Fri May 05, 2006 9:00 am

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Fri May 05, 2006 10:52 am

Witty got points.

But of course we all (atleast I) think of real life situations before I make ideas for stuff... but sometimes real life and games just doesn't go well together.

*imagines Immy and Mr.Snatch dressed up as rabbits.*

Homocidal Ham

Post by Homocidal Ham » Sat May 20, 2006 1:42 pm

about hearing and smelling,

when you smell or hears somthing there should be a small window at the bottom corner of the screen that gives you the same view as you have ond the main screen but every thing is black and white and all noise and where it reflects from is black

it would be so cool

another thing I want to see is completely (and i mean completely destructable enviromments

Im talking about being able to destroy anything including the ground (if the ground is hit hard enough it lowers elevation and gives of particles along with changeing to a dirt texture

a cool thing would be the ability to light things on fire succh as grass, trees, and bushes along with being able to melt snow and ice

the thing I think would be amusing would be fur getting cut off and clothes getting ripped as you fight

like if you got cut by a knife it would get your clothes red and if you get hit by sharp things clumps of fur come of

clothes can also whear away from weather and being used to often

that would be realistic

leDoOd
What custom title?

Post by leDoOd » Sat May 20, 2006 2:35 pm

the thing I think would be amusing would be fur getting cut off and clothes getting ripped as you fight

like if you got cut by a knife it would get your clothes red and if you get hit by sharp things clumps of fur come of

clothes can also whear away from weather and being used to often
Yeah! That would be really sweet! Then, Turner could heal himself by patching something onto where the fur came off... and it would be funny if the patches were skinnable, so he could have a bunch of smiley faces all over his body. :D

What about attacking specific parts? Say Turner gets slashed by a knife in the eye and somehow survives... he'd have to wear something over it, or a fake eye (or not, if he wanted to be scary). Then the game's "vision" could decrease, and depth perception could vanish. Cause and effect!

Turner with one leg? Less speed.

Turner with one arm? Less attack.

Turner with one ear? Less effective hear-o-vision.

*drools*

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Sun May 21, 2006 12:16 pm

leDoOd wrote: Turner with one leg? Less speed.
I just want to see that walking animation..

»StaffShock«

Post by »StaffShock« » Sun May 21, 2006 2:21 pm

zip wrote:I just want to see that walking animation..
Heh heh, heh...

This came to mind.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Sun May 21, 2006 2:33 pm

Do you mean you would like it if Turner would have permanent eye damage? Because I think if he got slashed in the eye, a fake eye would mean that you'd be permanently disabled. Man, if that happened in my game, I'd probably have to restart, man, that would suck getting stabbed in the eye! (unless of course I had some quick-save thing, then it would be pointless, I'd just go back if that happenend. That'd be annoying...)

But yeah, I think it would be cool if you happened to get an injured limb, you'd have to fix it (and I don't mean amputation either!), with bandages or something like that (walking stick? Maybe just a limp walk for a while, or a reduced balance so you'd fall easier). I like the idea of getting injured in fights and having to recover.

Hey what's that file Staffshock? I think it's for Macs only

»StaffShock«

Post by »StaffShock« » Sun May 21, 2006 3:13 pm

Nah, you need realplayer, though. Get that here.

Now that should make more sense. :wink:

Madfrenzy

Post by Madfrenzy » Tue May 23, 2006 7:25 am

It would be cool if Turner could crush bones! He picks up a staff, smashes an enemies leg into a limp fleshsack, the enemy would then fall to the ground and start pitifully trying to crawl away. These "Bonechrusher" attacks would be very hard to do, ofcourse

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Tue May 23, 2006 2:34 pm

^

*pokes somebody of a cliff*

*whistles as climbing down to stab holse in the new sack of broken bones*

leDoOd
What custom title?

Post by leDoOd » Thu May 25, 2006 7:06 pm

How about... a quicksave system? :D