[Mod] Vonkie's mod [04/12/12 - 013] Your own mods!

The place to discuss all things Desperate Gods.
Vonkie

Re: [Mod] Full mouse control [Updated 24/11/12 004]

Post by Vonkie » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:32 pm

Eagle0600 wrote:How about a compromise? Flipping the card/deck from face-down automatically rotates as if you pressed R, but flipping again just flips like normal?

Or, perhaps, double-right-click to rotate for viewing? I think I like that better, actually.
A double right-click isn't a bad idea, actually!
It's gonna be a little bit of extra work, but I'll get right on it. Again, if you're unhappy with the controls, many aspects can now be edited in the input menu.

Done, testing now, expect it in the next update!

Silverfish

Re: [Mod] Full mouse control [Updated 24/11/12 004]

Post by Silverfish » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:58 pm

This isn't really related to this mod in particular, but if you feel like it, how about adding a confirmation dialog to restarting and exiting the game while you're playing? Happened today for like the third time that someone accidentally pressed restart while we were playing.

I'm asking here because I play with this mod, and so it doesn't do me any good if it was created in another mod.

Vonkie

Re: [Mod] Full mouse control [Updated 24/11/12 005]

Post by Vonkie » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:35 pm

Silverfish wrote:This isn't really related to this mod in particular, but if you feel like it, how about adding a confirmation dialog to restarting and exiting the game while you're playing? Happened today for like the third time that someone accidentally pressed restart while we were playing.
Great idea, it's implemented in version 005!
Tell me if you like it, or if you had more of a "Are you sure"-screen in mind.

Also, updated the double right click thing for rotation.

Silverfish

Re: [Mod] Full mouse control [Updated 25/11/12 005]

Post by Silverfish » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:58 pm

Nice, that works amazingly! The gradual zoom is great as well. :D

Something that I think would make the scrolling around better would be to be able to click and hold middle mouse while not holding anything to drag the view around when zoomed. It would make navigating around the play space much quicker than having to rely on the constant movement speed you get when moving the mouse to the edge of the screen.

And then also the option to turn off the edge scroll would be nice, personally I feel the "grab and drag" scroll type to be much preferred over the edge scroll that easily gets weird when you want to move things to a place that is close to the edge of the screen.

This latest update will bring a great sense of security when we know people won't accidentally press that damn restart button! :)

Vonkie

Post by Vonkie » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:22 pm

Silverfish wrote:Something that I think would make the scrolling around better would be to be able to click and hold middle mouse while not holding anything to drag the view around when zoomed. It would make navigating around the play space much quicker than having to rely on the constant movement speed you get when moving the mouse to the edge of the screen.
Excellent idea! I'll get working on it, but it's late here, so don't expect it today...

And thank you very much, I do my best! Just note that the menu is only client sided, so... it still won't help if the people use the official DG, until wolfire has the time to update it, that is.

Not sure if I can help that, perhaps I can implement something that will help when you are host, but that's as close as it can get.

Gabriexus

Post by Gabriexus » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:40 am

This mod is awesome,but for some reason I just can't join password protected games while using it, which means that if I want to play with my friends I have to use the classic version of the game, with the annoying "F" and "Q" cotrols. Is anyone else here having the same problem? Any ideea what might be causing it?

Vonkie

Post by Vonkie » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:43 am

Gabriexus wrote:This mod is awesome,but for some reason I just can't join password protected games while using it, which means that if I want to play with my friends I have to use the classic version of the game, with the annoying "F" and "Q" cotrols. Is anyone else here having the same problem? Any ideea what might be causing it?
Oh, is that so? Let me check, that seems odd.
It doesn't happen on my machine... Perhaps those games are not port forwarded?
Try from your own computer by running two games at once, and connecting from one to the other one.

Also, updated to 006! =D
Now time for some bugfixing apparently...

seiseki

Re: [Mod] Full mouse control [Updated 25/11/12 006]

Post by seiseki » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:20 pm

If you're taking suggestions I'd suggest adding some margins for the GUI so it doesn't go all the way to the edge of the screen. :)
It's something I think Wolfire wouldn't hesitate to include in an community update!

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:59 pm

Gabriexus wrote:This mod is awesome,but for some reason I just can't join password protected games while using it, which means that if I want to play with my friends I have to use the classic version of the game, with the annoying "F" and "Q" cotrols. Is anyone else here having the same problem? Any ideea what might be causing it?
I had the same issue actually, I didn't know if it was related to the mod, but it might be.

Vonkie

Post by Vonkie » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:34 pm

seiseki wrote:If you're taking suggestions I'd suggest adding some margins for the GUI so it doesn't go all the way to the edge of the screen. :)
It's something I think Wolfire wouldn't hesitate to include in an community update!
Done that, tell me if it's good or not!
Silverfish wrote:I had the same issue actually, I didn't know if it was related to the mod, but it might be.
Oh, well, I'll have another look, strange though... Did you try connecting to a game you're host yourself? Just to test...

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:59 pm

Vonkie wrote:Oh, well, I'll have another look, strange though... Did you try connecting to a game you're host yourself? Just to test...
I tried connecting to a server I've hosted on my own computer and that seem to work, but some weird things happen when I run several instances of DG on the same computer, so I don't think it's a valid test case.

I set up a server for my friends to join before, and zero out of three friends could connect to my server using the correct password. I had hosted a week before on the standard build and that worked with password. When I had no password they could connect as usual on your mod.

Vonkie

Post by Vonkie » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:14 pm

Silverfish wrote:I tried connecting to a server I've hosted on my own computer and that seem to work, but some weird things happen when I run several instances of DG on the same computer, so I don't think it's a valid test case.

I set up a server for my friends to join before, and zero out of three friends could connect to my server using the correct password. I had hosted a week before on the standard build and that worked with password. When I had no password they could connect as usual on your mod.
I did notice, that once I had two different types of DG(one modded and official) going on, wierd things do indeed happen, like the cards not being flippable and such... But still, this shouldn't happen...
I'm sorry, but I can't debug this as of now... You will have to wait for me to fix this till at least tomorrow, I have another pc free to try it on by then...

As of now, please try to see if it has anything to do with ports and firewalls, any information you can find will be helpful to me... I'll do my best to find it myself as well though! Sorry about it...

Silverfish

Re: [Mod] Full mouse control [Updated 25/11/12 007]

Post by Silverfish » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:00 pm

The game worked fine if I just didn't have a password, so it probably doesn't have anything to do with ports. Unless the game uses a port for passwords, but that would just be weird. And I don't use any firewall, so it's not that either.

Vonkie

Re: [Mod] Full mouse control [Updated 25/11/12 007]

Post by Vonkie » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:24 pm

Silverfish wrote:The game worked fine if I just didn't have a password, so it probably doesn't have anything to do with ports. Unless the game uses a port for passwords, but that would just be weird. And I don't use any firewall, so it's not that either.
Well, I decided to disable standard to mod connections, after some tests, I noticed it tends to get weird, due to incompatibility... Sorry.

Also, I was able to test it on two separate computers(in the same network though), and I was not able to recreate this specific bug under multiple circumstances, which is... annoying, to say the least.

If you want me to fix the bug, I'm gonna need your help. All you and your friends need to do is test, connect to each other with and without a modded client/server, with and without passwords, and tell me in detail the results. The more I know when exactly the bug happens, the easier it is to recreate. Therefor, easier to locate, and then, of course, fix it.

I'm afraid I can't do anything else.

seiseki

Post by seiseki » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:23 am

Vonkie wrote:
seiseki wrote:If you're taking suggestions I'd suggest adding some margins for the GUI so it doesn't go all the way to the edge of the screen. :)
Done that, tell me if it's good or not!
There's quite a heavy margin when using fullscreen 1080p. But none at the top.
There's also no margin in-game, I can show you a quick mockup of what I meant.