Instant-killing aware opponents on Insane

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
JLrep

Instant-killing aware opponents on Insane

Post by JLrep » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:50 pm

Is it possible to perform a Backbreaker/Tracheotomy/Backstabber on an aware opponent on Insane difficulty? By "aware" I mean you're in combat with them and you flip over them, as opposed to sneaking up on them.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:55 pm

With a knife, it is. If you flip, you'll notice that people around you try to roll away, as if you were going to throw the knife at them. Sometimes they'll roll close enough to you that when you land you can do a tracheotomy.

»StaffShock«

Post by »StaffShock« » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:28 am

Another way is to have the knife sheathed, jump+flip over to them, jump+flip up above them, land behind them, take out the knife and immediately attack when you're really close. It's easier with a sword because you can have it out and jump+flip. I don't think it's possible to jump+flip and spinecrush an enemy, though, because I've tried multiple times, and I don't think anyone else will tell you they've dont it. Worth a try, though...

Eric
Support Ninja Master

Post by Eric » Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:43 pm

I have never jumped flipped and spinecrushed, but I have spincerushed an "aware" opponent. I actually think it was a big because of the environment. Both the bunny and I were on the edge of a cliff, me hanging and him standing. I jumped up to the platfrom and was somehow behind him and attacked: spinecrush. So while it is possible I don't think it is meant to be.

»StaffShock«

Post by »StaffShock« » Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:53 pm

Hm... I bet that what you're saying is because enemies get messed up when they're right at the edge. They kinda turn weird and chatter a bunch of times, and you keep hearing the fight start sound with the fight music starting again and again, and while that's happening he's toggling between aware and unaware, I think. I'm pretty sure his ears are going crazy while that happens, too.

JLrep

Post by JLrep » Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:10 pm

I'll try it with taking out the knife only when I'm behind them.
The thing that was confusing me was that I'll flip directly behind a rabbit or wolf, five times in a row, landing right behind him and attack, and always end up with just a "Solid Hit"/"Slash".

Silb
Master cartographer

Post by Silb » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:05 am

Due to some bug opponents often cease to be aware of you when they get very close to an edge (I suppose the landscape is really stunning).

So I'd say Bob's spinecrush worked because it was on an (suddenly) unaware opponent.

Eric
Support Ninja Master

Post by Eric » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:25 am

Silb wrote:So I'd say Bob's spinecrush worked because it was on an (suddenly) unaware opponent.
I agree, in fact that is what i figured when I amde my post, and I thought I implied that in my post (although some of you didn't get that out of what I said before).

Homocidal Ham

Post by Homocidal Ham » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:11 pm

Its one of the hardest feats in the game but you could spine crush a wolf even after you face them directly.

what you do is wait for them to get just out of attack range, them you roll in this order: b,br,f,f,br,r,b,l,f then turn right

this will give you a split second window in which your behind them

be carful though because this works for me 3 out of five times because i screw up the timing

tell me if you do it right

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:45 pm

ha ha ha
Sounds more like a button cheat than anything.
30 lives!: up, up, down down, left, right, left, right, B, A, start
Rolling spinecrush!: Way the hell more than I can count

I don't even understand what I'm doing when I do that. I end up rolling aroung like a dumbass until I get burned in the face.
You're going to have to show us some kind of video. Otherwise, I'll have no idea how to even start executing this, and this sounds like a really cool manuever too.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:38 am

Homocidal Ham wrote:Its one of the hardest feats in the game but you could spine crush a wolf even after you face them directly.

what you do is wait for them to get just out of attack range, them you roll in this order: b,br,f,f,br,r,b,l,f then turn right

this will give you a split second window in which your behind them

be carful though because this works for me 3 out of five times because i screw up the timing

tell me if you do it right
That's way too random and complicated.

Homocidal Ham

Post by Homocidal Ham » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:29 am

I dont have a video card other wise i would have posted it istead of saying b, br, f, f, br, ect. but anyone who can do it almost deserves a medal

oh and also the reason you do this is because there is basically a fluk in the AI algrithum where if you roll like this they always do he same thing IE the pattern seems to be onee they cant compensate for and they just run right into a trap, but if you dont get your timing right down to the very second, they will just attack you as you roll by (you have to practice rolling alot)