Overgrowth Trade

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
EPR89

Re: Overgrowth Trade

Post by EPR89 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:39 pm

*HEY GUIZ!
I, like, really want this indie game everyone is talking about. Sadly, I, like, totally can't afford it. But I, like, buy every humble bundle in sight, and so I, like, got, like, all those other indie games for a ridiculous price through, like, humble bundles.
I, like, really would, like, like to offer you, like, all those games I probably paid, like, a few cents for each for, like, a bunch of money that NONE OF THE DEVELOPERS WOULD EVER GET TO SEE, because I, like, love indie games and, like, really would legitimately buy this indie game everyone is talking about, because I, like, REALLY WOULD, like, LIKE TO SUPPORT THE CREATORS.
HURR DE, like, DHURRR!*
Last edited by EPR89 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Retarded Username

Post by Retarded Username » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:41 am

EPR89 wrote:*HEY GUIZ! I, like, really want this indie game everyone is talking about. Sadly, I, like, totally can't afford it. But I, like, buy every humble bundle in sight, and so I, like, got, like, all those other indie games for a ridiculous price through, like, humble bundles.
I, like, really would, like, like to offer you, like, all those games I probably paid, like, a few cents for each for, like, a bunch of money that NONE OF THE DEVELOPERS WOULD EVER GET TO SEE, because I, like, love indie games and, like, really would legitimately buy this indie game everyone is talking about, because I, like,REALLY WOULD, like, LIKE TO SUPPORT THE CREATORS.
HURR DE, like, DHURRR!*
This thread in a nutshell

SteelRaven7

Post by SteelRaven7 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:29 am

Meh, I see no problem with it.

Do try to save up some money and buy it ye olde way IMO. That's the classiest way of accessing the game *insert monocle smiley here*.

telltalegamer132

Post by telltalegamer132 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:11 pm

EPR89 wrote:*HEY GUIZ!
I, like, really want this indie game everyone is talking about. Sadly, I, like, totally can't afford it. But I, like, buy every humble bundle in sight, and so I, like, got, like, all those other indie games for a ridiculous price through, like, humble bundles.
I, like, really would, like, like to offer you, like, all those games I probably paid, like, a few cents for each for, like, a bunch of money that NONE OF THE DEVELOPERS WOULD EVER GET TO SEE, because I, like, love indie games and, like, really would legitimately buy this indie game everyone is talking about, because I, like, REALLY WOULD, like, LIKE TO SUPPORT THE CREATORS.
HURR DE, like, DHURRR!*
Well, thank you EPR89 for summarizing this thread. I would like to ask you to shut the hell up and stop acting like a kid. I had a bunch of spare indie keys and I thought some people might want them in exchange for a copy, because I think Wolfire's games are cool. I didn't know that people had these games, so I tried to trade them. I buy about a fourth of the indie bundles that come up, and while I'm selling them for more than I bought them, I buy these because I can't afford them all at full price. I love indies and just don't have the money to fully support them. I have, however, bought every other Wolfire game to try to support them as much as I could. Try to refrain from being an asshole, and have a nice day.

Retarded Username

Post by Retarded Username » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:27 pm

telltalegamer132 wrote: Well, thank you EPR89 for summarizing this thread. I would like to ask you to shut the hell up and stop acting like a kid. I had a bunch of spare indie keys and I thought some people might want them in exchange for a copy, because I think Wolfire's games are cool. I didn't know that people had these games, so I tried to trade them. I buy about a fourth of the indie bundles that come up, and while I'm selling them for more than I bought them, I buy these because I can't afford them all at full price. I love indies and just don't have the money to fully support them. I have, however, bought every other Wolfire game to try to support them as much as I could. Try to refrain from being an asshole, and have a nice day.
You could check out the Alpha videos' comments on Youtube. Some say about how fed up they are about this game, you could PM them and tell them the offer, they might accept.

Kind of dumb but hey, better than nothing.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:41 am

You ask for:
Crayon Physics Deluxe - $20
Machinarium - $10
Cogs - $10
The Binding of Issac (plus Wrath of the Lamb DLC) - $8
Shank 2 - $10
Cave Story+ - $10
Indie Game the Movie - $10
Pineapple Smash Crew - $10
Spirits - $10

Actual Steam prices (the ones cheaper on Steam are bolded):

Crayon Physics Deluxe - $17.99
Machinarium - $8.49
Cogs - $8.88
The Binding of Issac (plus Wrath of the Lamb DLC) - $7.98
Shank 2 - $9.99
Cave Story+ - $9.99
Indie Game the Movie - $7.99
Pineapple Smash Crew - $9.99
Spirits - $8.99

Somehow I get a feeling you didn't think this through...

You should try trading Team Fortress 2 hats for real money.

telltalegamer132

Post by telltalegamer132 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:55 pm

Endoperez wrote:You ask for:
Crayon Physics Deluxe - $20
Machinarium - $10
Cogs - $10
The Binding of Issac (plus Wrath of the Lamb DLC) - $8
Shank 2 - $10
Cave Story+ - $10
Indie Game the Movie - $10
Pineapple Smash Crew - $10
Spirits - $10

Actual Steam prices (the ones cheaper on Steam are bolded):

Crayon Physics Deluxe - $17.99
Machinarium - $8.49
Cogs - $8.88
The Binding of Issac (plus Wrath of the Lamb DLC) - $7.98
Shank 2 - $9.99
Cave Story+ - $9.99
Indie Game the Movie - $7.99
Pineapple Smash Crew - $9.99
Spirits - $8.99

Somehow I get a feeling you didn't think this through...

You should try trading Team Fortress 2 hats for real money.
Why is everyone saying "Asking for" when replying? This doesn't have anything to do with prices. I was just putting the prices up there in case people didn't know what they cost. I'm not selling these; I'm just trading them. I thought this through and understood that I bought them cheaper but I'm not saying they're worth that much. They were just for convenience.... you missunderstood :(

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:38 pm

telltalegamer132 wrote:Why is everyone saying "Asking for" when replying? This doesn't have anything to do with prices. I was just putting the prices up there in case people didn't know what they cost. I'm not selling these; I'm just trading them. I thought this through and understood that I bought them cheaper but I'm not saying they're worth that much. They were just for convenience.... you missunderstood :(

I guess I did, but since I'm not the only one, I'm afraid the fault is partly yours too. It does look very much like a list of things being sold, so even if you didn't actually say anything about that in your posts, that's what it looks like.

Ylvali

Post by Ylvali » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:35 pm

If you offered all of them (the entire bundle), that might be fair.

But if you really want to make a fair trade you should offer a game that is not from a bundle and has a comparable retail price.

iamthelol

Post by iamthelol » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:50 pm

telltalegamer132 wrote:1. I meant to gift an account, not give their's 2. I live in Maryland there's no lawns to mow because it's below freezing :cry:
shovel some driveways

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Wed May 01, 2013 4:33 pm

Doesn't anyone notice the Pre-Orderer tag under telltalegamer132's name? If I am correct, that means he could access the Secret Preorder Forums to download Overgrowth?

Also, I have no idea why anyone would want Crayon Physics Deluxe. It's the least fun game I've ever played.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Wed May 01, 2013 6:06 pm

Timbles wrote:Doesn't anyone notice the Pre-Orderer tag under telltalegamer132's name? If I am correct, that means he could access the Secret Preorder Forums to download Overgrowth?

Also, I have no idea why anyone would want Crayon Physics Deluxe. It's the least fun game I've ever played.
Thread necromancy results in outdated information.

Stuntddude

Post by Stuntddude » Wed May 01, 2013 6:10 pm

telltalegamer132 wrote:2. Too much effort
Well there's your problem.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:22 pm

Shovel some driveways.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe