Preordering, does my paypal/account e-mail have to match?

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
PaultheNerd

Preordering, does my paypal/account e-mail have to match?

Post by PaultheNerd » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:16 am

Hello all! Couldn't think of a way to word my question properly so here's the scenario:

I want to/am about to preorder Overgrowth
I don't have a PayPal account and would rather not make one just to preorder one game
A friend has offered to buy it for me provided I give him the cash
Would it be a problem that his paypal e-mail will not be the same as the e-mail I used to sign up to this forum account?

Endoperez

Re: Preordering, does my paypal/account e-mail have to match

Post by Endoperez » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:44 am

When preordering, an e-mail account that's given to Wolfire will get the alpha key and will be tagged as the owner. The forum account can be linked to that later.

It's been a long time since I preordered, but I think you enter the preorder e-mail address before the Paypal login screen.

last

Post by last » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:34 am

I believe that i may have heard or maybe even read in the wolfire blog somewhere (i may be wrong here) that there is a way to preorder Overgrowth as a gift, but it may be just a rumor.
I believe the best way to get to the truth is either contact/ send an email to the wolfire or sometimes the developers may be hanging around in the official live chat room/IRC.
You may want to speak with David or Ninjas in there.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:07 pm

Just make sure to enter your email address in the widget, it doesn't matter what the PayPal account is. You can also have your friend purchase it as a gift to be super sure :)