Receiver Stories - share them here

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
TehEpic

Re: Receiver Stories - share them here

Post by TehEpic » Tue May 14, 2013 1:36 pm

Tilas300 wrote:So, this just happened, I walked into a room with those weird boxy, window looking things (but not actually windows), and there was a turret. So I took cover behind a box thing, and spotted another 2 turrets in another hallway. So I took out the first one, and emptied a couple of clips trying to get the other one, just peeking around the wall. I eventually gave up on it and moved on to the one in the same one as me and did the same thing: emptied some clips on it 'till I had no more ammo. So I just ran in front of it, expecting it to open fire, but it had no freakin' bullets (IDK why)! :?:

I proceded out the door, outside, and got killed by 2 drones. :cry:
Why bother shooting turrets in that room? They are massively easy to sneak past. If you can't do that then just get one to squeeze on it's compatriot. I love it when I make them do that.

Tilas300

Post by Tilas300 » Sat May 18, 2013 2:15 am

TehEpic wrote:
Tilas300 wrote:So, this just happened, I walked into a room with those weird boxy, window looking things (but not actually windows), and there was a turret. So I took cover behind a box thing, and spotted another 2 turrets in another hallway. So I took out the first one, and emptied a couple of clips trying to get the other one, just peeking around the wall. I eventually gave up on it and moved on to the one in the same one as me and did the same thing: emptied some clips on it 'till I had no more ammo. So I just ran in front of it, expecting it to open fire, but it had no freakin' bullets (IDK why)! :?:

I proceded out the door, outside, and got killed by 2 drones. :cry:
Why bother shooting turrets in that room? They are massively easy to sneak past. If you can't do that then just get one to squeeze on it's compatriot. I love it when I make them do that.
Well, that was pretty much just after I got used to gun controls. I hardly knew anything!

Hexicube

Post by Hexicube » Sun May 19, 2013 9:57 am

Note my tape count...

Enemby

Post by Enemby » Sun May 19, 2013 11:59 am

perfect timed to turn on slomo

akazi

Post by akazi » Tue May 21, 2013 8:20 pm

Hexicube wrote:Image

Note my tape count...
Lol, wat happened?! :shock: I can only guess though. Also, how did you manage to take a screenshot in that situation of panic?

Hexicube

Post by Hexicube » Wed May 22, 2013 2:57 pm

akazi wrote:
Hexicube wrote:Image

Note my tape count...
Lol, wat happened?! :shock: I can only guess though. Also, how did you manage to take a screenshot in that situation of panic?
Escape, slow motion cheat, screenshot, die. I think I happened to also be out of ammo.

atomtengeralattjaro

Post by atomtengeralattjaro » Wed May 22, 2013 4:47 pm

Today I got 10 tapes for the first time, and I ran out of bullets... then i got killed. It was exciting though.

TehEpic

Post by TehEpic » Wed May 22, 2013 11:37 pm

It seems as if these rooms with a massive amount of Flying Saucers are getting far more common for me. :L

atomtengeralattjaro

Post by atomtengeralattjaro » Mon May 27, 2013 9:21 am

yesterday I accidentally walked off a ledge and died :( I had so many bullets they didn't fit on my screen, and 6 tapes absorbed. Life is tough.

0perator

Post by 0perator » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:11 pm

This game is really absorbing :)

I know where the turret weak spots are, but the tazers I usually shoot blindly at (espically in pursuit). Once I knocked one out of the sky and I passed triumphantly I noticed it beep at me. Still alive?! I thought. So nudged it with my gun amused before getting electrocuted XD

atomtengeralattjaro

Post by atomtengeralattjaro » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:49 am

akazi

Post by akazi » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:07 pm

atomtengeralattjaro wrote:Image
The worst kind of rape. :?

Parco Folgore

Post by Parco Folgore » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:07 am

yesterday i went out of ammo and had to run away from those hovering assbuzzers, there was one that followed me for 10 minutes without letting go, i ran basically everywhere to find a place to hide but it never lost sight of me, in the end he caught me, i ran around a corner and it flew hard into the wall and bounced towards me and as he got me instantly in his sight he went straight for me in an instant with insane speed. now my middle finger is hurting from all the w tapping :p

atomtengeralattjaro

Post by atomtengeralattjaro » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:18 am

that's tough :o
sometimes they kill themselves by running into walls, trying so hard to get to you.

Teh_Bucket

Post by Teh_Bucket » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:41 pm

Atom, nice gif. we need more receiver gifs.

If there's nothing else i've gotten good at in Receiver, i've gotten good at running away from hoverers. :P