[MOD]Multiple Weapons, Dropping Items, and More(Update 2)

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
ChinoNino

[MOD]Multiple Weapons, Dropping Items, and More(Update 2)

Post by ChinoNino » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:44 pm

Introduction:
This is a thread dedicated to modding receiver. I will post my latest updates here so stay tuned. You can also suggest what I should (try) to do next and what you think of what I've done so far.

First Post:
A simple mod that still needs more work, anyways tell me what you think.

Update 1:
Dropping Items
Update 2:
Preview of Field Strip
Last edited by ChinoNino on Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Parco Folgore

Re: Simple mod for dual weapons

Post by Parco Folgore » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:03 am

looks cools, can you also make it possible to dualwield?

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:50 pm

Parco Folgore wrote:looks cools, can you also make it possible to dualwield?
Both guns would have to have locked positions on the screen, of course.

Stuntddude

Post by Stuntddude » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:48 pm

Timbles wrote:
Parco Folgore wrote:looks cools, can you also make it possible to dualwield?
Both guns would have to have locked positions on the screen, of course.
Or they could move in sync.

This would be really cool, though. Especially if you could wield two different types of guns at once.

atomtengeralattjaro

Post by atomtengeralattjaro » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:12 am

:o how would you even manipulate them? if you wanted to do anything other than pull the trigger, you'd need to first holster the other weapon.

@OP: that is really cool!

chitoryu12

Post by chitoryu12 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:04 am

how would you even manipulate them? if you wanted to do anything other than pull the trigger, you'd need to first holster the other weapon.
Considering that Receiver tries to be realistic, that IS one of the main problems with dual-wielding in real life. The most that you can really do with little difficulty is drop the magazine and operate an ambidextrous safety, and some people have the thumb strength to press-check for a loaded gun. Other than that, you pretty much need to put one of the guns down if you don't want to fumble everything badly. Not to mention the inability to look down the sights during traditional film dual-wielding.

tNEOXXI

Post by tNEOXXI » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:01 am

Maybe the second gun could replace the flashlight. You could dual-wield without aiming, or aim one gun and hold the second gun like you would the flashlight, you just couldn't fire it.

Enemby

Post by Enemby » Thu May 02, 2013 12:45 am

tNEOXXI wrote:Maybe the second gun could replace the flashlight. You could dual-wield without aiming, or aim one gun and hold the second gun like you would the flashlight, you just couldn't fire it.
I just had a thought of how awkward it would be holding a gun in your mouth, like you do when inserting bullets while carrying a flashlight. :lol:

ChinoNino

Re: Mods for Receiver

Post by ChinoNino » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:58 pm

Update 1: I rewrote the script into C# since that is what I prefer and I have also added the ability to drop unwanted items.

ChinoNino

Re: Mods for Receiver

Post by ChinoNino » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:39 pm

Here's a little preview of what I'm working on. As you might have guessed I'm trying to implement a field strip feature for the 1911. It has been really annoying to mod receiver lately due to the lack of comments in the code and I've had to figure out how the animations for the guns work. Anyway I want the field strip to be done the same way as shown in this video where you take the slide off first before you remove the bushing and the spring components.

Hyomoto

Re: [MOD]Multiple Weapons, Dropping Items, and More(Update 2

Post by Hyomoto » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:11 pm

Got to give you credit, this is certainly in the spirit of the original intent of the game. They wanted you to learn something about your weapon, well I guess this would do it! I hope you do get the code cleaned up or whatever is needed, even if modders could work from a clean base you'd have contributed something truly great to the community.

shot6unn3r

Re: [MOD]Multiple Weapons, Dropping Items, and More(Update 2

Post by shot6unn3r » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:07 pm

this looks really cool! when can we expect a download? - at least of what's already finished...