Questions about Lugaru 2

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Inane

Post by Inane » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:58 pm

I... Like tribal drums... Is there any reason to change from kinda-tribal music to death metal?

James M

Post by James M » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:55 pm

How about tribal tech death metal with solo's?

pyros soul

Post by pyros soul » Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:37 pm

Tech-Death, or triabal.

One of those two.....

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:59 pm

Naw screw that foo.

Tribal tech death metal music is sick-ass, and solos? Even better man, even better!

Wait are you serious? You are [happily] volunteering yourself (and your band?), to help create Lugaru music? That'd be pretty damn cool, and your track record is off the hook. Good band.

James M

Post by James M » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:25 pm

Zantalos wrote:Naw screw that foo.

Tribal tech death metal music is sick-ass, and solos? Even better man, even better!

Wait are you serious? You are [happily] volunteering yourself (and your band?), to help create Lugaru music? That'd be pretty damn cool, and your track record is off the hook. Good band.
Yes something like that :)

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:19 am

There wouldn't really be a point for guitar solo's in a martial arts game. Reminds me of Halo 2's horribly mismatched heavy rock music.

And death metal? I think that's a terrible idea. How would that fit the mood of the game? That would detract from the game. No music would be better than death metal. Never going to happen.

pyros soul

Post by pyros soul » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:54 am

I see SOME of your point....

Tribal-tech or Death-tech (I've havn't heard of triabal music, so maybe i'm being slow.....)

Btw, this is my100 POST, YAY!!!! so there.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:29 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:There wouldn't really be a point for guitar solo's in a martial arts game. Reminds me of Halo 2's horribly mismatched heavy rock music.

And death metal? I think that's a terrible idea. How would that fit the mood of the game? That would detract from the game. No music would be better than death metal. Never going to happen.
What, no way. The parts in Halo 2 where the heavy rock music kicked in were the only cool parts. Everything else had such a... quietness to them you didn't even know if it was a soundtrack you were listening to, or a... well you didn't notice the music anyways. I can not remember once, hearing music in that game other than the rockmusic, taking out the bomb, and being in the middle of a brutes vs. Elites battle. Everything else, they could have just not... what the heck, the heavy rock music was the ONLY music you can remember from that game.
So I doubt it would hurt Lugaru, it would make for a pretty tight boss fight, or some crazy ass bar fight with a group of nasty looking patrons equiped with knives and brass knuckles. Kicking there ass behind some tribal death metal would be crazy, yeah, you know you'd like it.

By the way, I have no idea what tribal music sounds like, I figure it's a bunch of low drums and clapping.

Viking Zippy
Wooter

Post by Viking Zippy » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:59 pm

Speaking of funky music, whatever happened to the Lugaru 'menu loop' tune? Will that ever be used?

Inane

Post by Inane » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:54 pm

Zantalos wrote:By the way, I have no idea what tribal music sounds like, I figure it's a bunch of low drums and clapping.
Hahaha... No, not really.

Try the 30 second sample thing of this song http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005 ... 0&v=glance

James M

Post by James M » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:43 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:There wouldn't really be a point for guitar solo's in a martial arts game. Reminds me of Halo 2's horribly mismatched heavy rock music.

Aw come on! Halo 2 had Mr Steve Vai playing on the theme tune. That kicks ass. But yeah, music in games is a hard thing to decide on what style, so it generally ends up being stuff like whats in Lugaru 1. I myself love heavy music, especially in fighting games. Have any of you played Cube or Sauerbraten? That has awesome music in it. Made by a dude called Fanatic.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:47 am

I just finished playing a bunch of levels for sauerbraten and cube (man I totally did not think that it would run with my integrated graphics card, but it did. Should have played Cube first though!). Yeah yeah, the theme is like quake mixed with... well it's diablo hell guys, robots, and well.. a bunch of green and tan pig guys I'm going to classify as orcs. While cube has alot more themed music for each level, Sauerbraten (from what I could see) is basically heavy metal through and through. The music fits the games really well, right now it's practically the best part of Sauerbraten (Sauerbraten's maps are so easy to quickly tweak with the in-game map editor, quick way to make some stairs). Heh heh, it took me quite a long time to realize how to start the game (by hitting esc), the game's opening "start menu" snuck up on me so bad I didn't even know I was in it, wierd when I found that out, "whoa I could have just hit escape?! D'oh"

Now this kind of soudtrack wouldn't fit right as the default combat music for Lugaru. But yeah, it looks like they could be used for really unique situations, like in Halo 2, those parts definitely didn't hurt the game.

Tribal Music... it sounds very consistant, just like how Lugarus combat music is. Man I wished someone gave David another cool song for that Alpha Wolf fight, would have been a super tight ending music in any case.

Nayr
wicked bad-ass title

Post by Nayr » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:05 am

Jeff wrote:<David>Thanks!</David>

Lugaru 2 is going to be much more intense. You will be able to turn down the graphics, of course. It is really hard to say exactly what kind of computer you will need, but it is pretty safe to assume that you will need a modern computer take full advantage of all the features and bump up the resolution.
will it be able to run on a 3.2 ghz Pentium D with a reasonable graphics card (i.e. radeon x1600 pro)?

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:31 pm

Zantalos wrote:

What, no way. The parts in Halo 2 where the heavy rock music kicked in were the only cool parts. Everything else had such a... quietness to them you didn't even know if it was a soundtrack you were listening to, or a... well you didn't notice the music anyways. I can not remember once, hearing music in that game other than the rockmusic, taking out the bomb, and being in the middle of a brutes vs. Elites battle. Everything else, they could have just not... what the heck, the heavy rock music was the ONLY music you can remember from that game.
So I doubt it would hurt Lugaru, it would make for a pretty tight boss fight, or some crazy ass bar fight with a group of nasty looking patrons equiped with knives and brass knuckles. Kicking there ass behind some tribal death metal would be crazy, yeah, you know you'd like it.

By the way, I have no idea what tribal music sounds like, I figure it's a bunch of low drums and clapping.
Incorrect. I enjoyed a lot of the softer music from the Halo games and remember them very well.

In Shadow Of The Colossus, that had a great and very well-fitting soundtrack, but rock music wouldn't have fitted in. You can't just slap whatever music into whatever game because you think it sounds cool. The music has to fit the mood of the game. The music of the first Lugaru game fitted the atmosphere of the game perfectly. Rock music certainly would not. It would only detract from Lugaru's atmosphere to throw rock music into it.

I'd like to hear David or Jeff's view on the matter.

Sectaurs

Post by Sectaurs » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:34 pm

I enjoyed the scripted spots where the guitars would kick in in Halo. I thought it lent well to the idea of having fun being a space-age badass who can kill a race by himself. He deserves metal to storm the beaches to.