Weapon Additions - Updated Feb. 15th 2014 (Discontinued)

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
God's Helix

Re: Weapon Additions - Updated Feb. 15th

Post by God's Helix » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:14 pm

Thank you so much for the update! It's perfect! :D

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:09 am

God's Helix wrote:Thank you so much for the update! It's purrfect! :3
FTFY.
As you can tell, I've been playing too much Skullgirls.

PistonOperated

Post by PistonOperated » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:17 am

Anyway you could do a modding tutorial for this game? I want more than anything to continue what your doing but its not very simple. But other than putting a check bore feature for the rifle and making two separate keystrokes for pumping the shotgun, this mod is amazing. I love what you have done.

EarthlyThird

Post by EarthlyThird » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:28 am

I love this mod!

One suggestion... any possibility we could get a menu option to let us select the gun model used for each gun? I know that sounds ridiculous, but I thought the previous Thompson model was much more fitting for the game's art style, and I'd prefer to use that one if possible.

(Also, I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, but trying to check the chamber on the Thompson no longer works, at least not the way it did before.)

ArgenGuy

Post by ArgenGuy » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:29 pm

EarthlyThird wrote:I love this mod!

One suggestion... any possibility we could get a menu option to let us select the gun model used for each gun? I know that sounds ridiculous, but I thought the previous Thompson model was much more fitting for the game's art style, and I'd prefer to use that one if possible.

(Also, I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, but trying to check the chamber on the Thompson no longer works, at least not the way it did before.)
The Thompson fires from an open bolt, so you don't really need to check the chamber, but rather whether the magazine has rounds in it. If you are not use, just press R to rack the bolt.

One thing I noticed on the firing range level, is that there's an MKB-42H on the leftmost table. It's only a prop thou, but I can see that the model was taken from Red Orchestra 2.
Plans for implementing it on the future as an usable weapon?

Jaiden

Post by Jaiden » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:34 am

Josh707 wrote: Yeah, others have said that too and I plan on changing it, it'll be more reasonable when I update it next
Right now the armour on the drones is stupid tough, point-blank range shots with the shotgun fail to kill the flying drones occasionally, resulting in my rage-switching to Thompson followed quickly by infinf and pressing V to go full auto.

But yeah. Point blank range should be enough to completely fuck the drones up, wrecking them from penetration if not spalling damage.

Xamp

Post by Xamp » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:39 pm

I'm not asking for a full-blown new update but could we get a small hotfix for the armor problem, please?

Holt

Post by Holt » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:33 pm

A quick request for a feature which you might not be able to put in.

If you have no magazines due to dropping every last one, would you able to make it so you lock back the slide, insert a single round then release the slide, ready to shoot?

UNHchabo

Post by UNHchabo » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:16 pm

Xamp wrote: How about insane reaction speed and incredibly large FOV in combination with that? The game would become unplayable but oh my god, that would be hilarious to see.
I have managed to take out a few turrets even after killing their motor, making it so I needed to hope any rounds they fired would miss. :)

Alkosor

Re: Weapon Additions - Updated Nov. 16th

Post by Alkosor » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:46 pm

Alkosor wrote:
Josh707 wrote:Hahaha sorry I've been real lazy lately but it's 99.9% ready, every time I think it's ready I find/remember something that needs to be changed. I'll have to send you a build to test it before I post the mac version, so you'll be getting it early, but the actual post will be tomorrow for sure. Do you have an email or something I can contact you with? I'm not authorized to send PMs on here.
Email me at [email protected], I'd love to test out the mac release. I'll let you know how it is. I appreciate you spending time on it.

EDIT: I'm sorry for my inactivity as of late, procrastination + term paper = a very stressful night before it's due.
Hey, Josh, did you send me the mac version for me to test? Because I didn't receive it, yet. Resend it to me if you can and I'll let you know how it is. Thank you very much.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:39 pm

Got back to working on this. Not an easy weapon to model.

Josh707

Post by Josh707 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:48 pm

Hey sorry I haven't yet I've been pretty busy lately, I'll get around to sending it at some point today though, once the drone's damage is tweaked. This time I'm testing it for a while before posting it.
Xamp wrote:I'm not asking for a full-blown new update but could we get a small hotfix for the armor problem, please?
Yes, it will be posted fairly soon!

ArgenGuy

Post by ArgenGuy » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:16 pm

Holt wrote:A quick request for a feature which you might not be able to put in.

If you have no magazines due to dropping every last one, would you able to make it so you lock back the slide, insert a single round then release the slide, ready to shoot?
In order to do that, one would have to implement the reloading system that Josh deviced for the shotgun and the bolt-action rifle.
In real life, it's not a recommendable practice on some pistols which have either an internal extractor or a very stiff external extractor. The M1911, for example, has an internal extractor, its claw won't engage the case rim by gently releasing the slide, you must drop it with all the spring tension, but that would damage the extractor to the point it can break or bend.
With other pistols like the Glock is OK, as long as you gently release the slide. I wouldn't drop the slide since that make the extractor claw to hit the case base before engaging the rim groove.

Or you can just backtrack and retrieve your mags.

PS: Oh, and that F2000 is shaping up good. Nice!

Alkosor

Post by Alkosor » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:42 pm

Josh707 wrote:Hey sorry I haven't yet I've been pretty busy lately, I'll get around to sending it at some point today though, once the drone's damage is tweaked. This time I'm testing it for a while before posting it.
Xamp wrote:I'm not asking for a full-blown new update but could we get a small hotfix for the armor problem, please?
Yes, it will be posted fairly soon!
I still haven't gotten it. This anticipation is killing me.

valiar

Post by valiar » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:53 am

Hia josh
Just curious about if you are implementing an assault rifle of sorts?
I saw something about an AR-15 early on and was curious if you are still working on it
Also thanks for this fucking awesome mod, it got me out of assassin's creed for a but which is always an achievement haha