Overgrowth Weekly

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Phoenixwarrior141
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Re: OGW Q&A with David Rosen

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:45 pm

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NO

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:33 am

Afra0732 wrote:Will we ever see some sort of Assassin's Creed - Batman Arkham style fighting, with counter attacks, killmoves, criticals, and kill-streaks? Because at the moment, combat is quite hard, especially if you're up against someone who has a weapon and you don't. Double kills, drop kills and other killmoves like that would be amazing if they were implemented into Overgrowth.
Lugaru had more varied counters, and counters to those counters. I dunno about the rest, but it'd be a bit like wanting Tekken moves in Smash Bros. - the control scheme wads't made for it.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:23 am

Afra0732 wrote:Will we ever see some sort of Assassin's Creed - Batman Arkham style fighting, with counter attacks, killmoves, criticals, and kill-streaks? Because at the moment, combat is quite hard, especially if you're up against someone who has a weapon and you don't. Double kills, drop kills and other killmoves like that would be amazing if they were implemented into Overgrowth.
the current combat is unique

i vote for complete destruction of this post!

Afra0732

Post by Afra0732 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:54 pm

Endoperez wrote:
Lugaru had more varied counters, and counters to those counters. I dunno about the rest, but it'd be a bit like wanting Tekken moves in Smash Bros. - the control scheme wads't made for it.
Okay, I get your point, but at least counters and some more combat freedom would be nice.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:24 pm

Afra0732 wrote:
Endoperez wrote:
Okay, I get your point, but at least counters and some more combat freedom would be nice.
But it wouldn't be more freedom. It would be less.
And there are counters. Those could be more varied, I guess, but David said in one of the Q&As that he wants to introduce more varied animations in the future anyway.

kibaoo

Post by kibaoo » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:48 pm

I hope eh adds more movment animations for sliding, going prone and overcoming small obstacles in one motion like fences and little barriers. Also adding an alternative sneaking animation for every movment animation like pulling up a cliff but staying phrone in the end for continuing steathy. u know this military technic overgomming a wall:
http://youtu.be/YjXXqlQpqV8
of course more professional.

Sprinkle070

Post by Sprinkle070 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:26 am

I care a lot about the culture of the different species in the game, and I would love to learn more about the world. I love story, and I am very curious about Lugaru, but I don't want to play it =^_^=

Instead of making Overgrowth the sequel to Lugaru (and me being lost in the story) can you maybe remake Lugaru's story? Maybe have it as one of the campaigns?

SteelRaven7

Post by SteelRaven7 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:36 pm

To David: Do you use spherical harmonics to store light probe information for global illumination?

To Idubbbz: Was that question technical enough?

nakedsquirrel

Post by nakedsquirrel » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:22 pm

Q: Will we see destructible environments, or portions of the environment? I imagine it would be fun to see a player jump onto a floor of wooden planks only to have them break beneath the character's weight.

And a second question. I'm not sure how to ask this question without seeming totally maniacal, but

Q: In addition to the blood splatter, Will we see any decapitation or limb separation? Or is that too much of an animation/collision model nightmare?

mannyetti

Post by mannyetti » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:10 pm

hey there.. So I was playing this overgrowth contraption and when I began to go through some of the levels, the "score bar", which presumably was supposed to be on the top of the screen, happened to be on the left. This also happened after eliminating all enemies on a pre-made map. Not sure if I have my settings wrong or if it's a bug... It's occasionally annoying so please help.

MeleePanda

Post by MeleePanda » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:45 am

Question for David: Will you improve the AI, particularly in terms of environment navigation. Currently, there is no way (that I can tell) for the AI to stop you if you descide to run.

Question for Aubrey: Will you continue to work on the OG Comic, and will it be implemented/relevant to the plot?

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:39 pm

nakedsquirrel wrote:Q:
Q: In addition to the blood splatter, Will we see any decapitation or limb separation? Or is that too much of an animation/collision model nightmare?
david: TOP PRIORITY.
lukas: sorry we lost you there for a second can you repeat that please?
david: it's not a top priority.
lukas: ohw okay you wh........ (q&a goes on)

this was in a q&a about decapitation and limb separation
so as you can read, it is not a top priority

nakedsquirrel

Post by nakedsquirrel » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:50 pm

rodeje25 wrote:
nakedsquirrel wrote:Q:
david: TOP PRIORITY.
lukas: sorry we lost you there for a second can you repeat that please?
david: it's not a top priority.
lukas: ohw okay you wh........ (q&a goes on)

this was in a q&a about decapitation and limb separation
so as you can read, it is not a top priority
Thanks, I missed it in the earlier QA then :)

I am still curious about destructible environments. Perhaps not to the level of being a fully destructible map, but it would be interesting to be able to designate some elements of the environment as destructible to weapons, or that broke when a character walked on them. I think it would add to the diversity of gameplay. Even for the simple platform hopping aspect of the game, you have old games like Prince of Persia, that had floors that would break away, adding to the hair pulling frustration challenging games provide.

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:06 pm

Here are the two latest recordings!

Q&A #5, we are joined by Aubrey Serr

Q&A #6, we are joined by Ian iDubbz (and Aubrey)!

Thanks for all the great questions! Keep em coming! :D

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:40 pm

You still have so many questions to go and you want more already?