randomness

Anything else
Phoenixwarrior141
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Re: randomness

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:58 am

Endoperez wrote:Okay, so there might finally be The Last Guardian release...
Heavy said it best:

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:58 am

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:16 am

Fallout shelter looks interesting...

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:47 pm

rodeje25 wrote:Fallout shelter looks interesting...
Probably one of the better mobile games I've seen. Not gonna bother with it though.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:32 am

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:
rodeje25 wrote:Fallout shelter looks interesting...
Probably one of the better mobile games I've seen. Not gonna bother with it though.
nevermind it sucks.
[+] constructive criticism
It's tiny tower but advanced. And eventually you'll get so big you just can't take care of everyone and everything there is to do. I don't like that.
i just thought of a steamlauncher!
[+] steamlauncher idea
so i think opening steam and navigating to your games and clicking away the ads is timeconsuming and i thought like why don't have a steamlauncher? So basically it's just an icon in your menubar (for macs it's in the top bar for windows in the bottom bar) and if you click it a list of your games on steam pops up and you can just select a game wich you want to play and it just starts the game! I'm thinking of trying to make this in Xcode for mac first and then i'll make it opensource... maybe.... i don't want to leave windows users out of this.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:20 pm

Clicking "close" on the single-window pop-up is "time consuming?" It takes all of three seconds. I think you're trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist. Also, when Steam is open, you can click on the icon in the system tray and it displays your 5 most recent launched games.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:40 pm

Ragdollmaster wrote:Clicking "close" on the single-window pop-up is "time consuming?" It takes all of three seconds. I think you're trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist. Also, when Steam is open, you can click on the icon in the system tray and it displays your 5 most recent launched games.
and when you open steam? that takes a lot of time.

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:25 pm

Ragdollmaster wrote:Clicking "close" on the single-window pop-up is "time consuming?" It takes all of three seconds. I think you're trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist. Also, when Steam is open, you can click on the icon in the system tray and it displays your 5 most recent launched games.
Easy access is easy access.

Though I can't say it's something needed.

PrincessCelestia

Post by PrincessCelestia » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:59 pm

My favorite part of Fallout 4 is the dynamic features in the engine. There's no fucking way they could just pull some horseshit and reuse the same engine that they've been working with for the last three titles.

Great to see crafting and building taking the front seat, as well as being fleshed out properly. Hoping everything else follows suit and that it stays open to mods.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:25 pm

Pretty sure that this is a modernized version of the Skyrim engine.

Mods like Frostfall had similar features where you could build stuff.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:28 am

Slightly updated version of the Creation Engine yes. Bethesda hasn't changed engines in a while. Skyrim's was just a leg up from the Oblivion/FO3 tier, which in turn were based on the Morrowind engine, which is a modified Quake 3 engine. Could be why their releases are buggy as shit, but what would I know? :roll:

Also, here's hoping they don't try to shoehorn paid mods into FO4. After the whole "oh whoops we shouldn't have done that with Skyrim, since it's an old game" debacle, I feel like they're just waiting for a new game to try it with.

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:00 am

I swear they showed off a platform that let modders host mods for Bethesda games somewhere.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:54 am

Ragdollmaster wrote:Could be why their releases are buggy as shit, but what would I know? :roll:
Never experienced an significant bugs in Skyrim and I played that game for longer than I like to admit.

Sure, there were memory crashes occasionally, but the game wasn't exactly mean to be played with roughly 90 mods.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:38 pm

There were plenty of glitches and bugs, they got patched over time. If you played from day one (or year one, more like), most people encountered them.

Also on the console versions (or at least PS3? I don't remember if it was both) Skyrim eventually became literally unplayable because the save files grew in size over time until they caused irreparable lag and crashing. I believe FONV had the same issue.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:16 pm

Ragdollmaster wrote:
now that is hilarious! as long as bugs don't interfere too much with gameplay (unless skate 3) and they're hilarious (skate 3) you need to let them in because sometimes you just laugh your ass off for real!