Lugaru2 animation

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Sargon

Lugaru2 animation

Post by Sargon » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:01 am

I have seen the turner (procedural?) aninmation.
I just wonder, why does turner tilt to the side when he takes a turn while running?
Well, a car would usually do that, but does humans or rabbits do this kind of tilt as well? I know that it might make sense physically, but I am not sure that thats the case with real creatures.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:55 pm

I think it is pretty accurate. If you are running fast and take a sharp turn, it is natural to lean into it.

zip
lugaruguru

Re: Lugaru2 animation

Post by zip » Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:57 pm

Sargon wrote:I have seen the turner (procedural?) aninmation.
I just wonder, why does turner tilt to the side when he takes a turn while running?
Well, a car would usually do that, but does humans or rabbits do this kind of tilt as well? I know that it might make sense physically, but I am not sure that thats the case with real creatures.
No offense, but I think you should get off the computer and go for a run ;p

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:41 pm

It may look like you need to Recalculate you're Engine Again! (I think that is the term) Then again. Film you're selves Running... That may help you understand the Movement of a Humanoid.

bernard2504

Post by bernard2504 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:35 pm

i definately lean into a turn when running, otherwise i would have to slow down in order to stop falling over.A classic example of leaning into a turn would be watching dog racing on a circular or oval circuit,as for humans check out speed skating or 400m track events.If you want to maintain the speed you are traveling at you have to lean into a turn.If you remain upright and turn sharply when running fast you would simply fall in the general direction you were travelling in.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:46 pm

Colicedus wrote:It may look like you need to Recalculate you're Engine Again! (I think that is the term) Then again. Film you're selves Running... That may help you understand the Movement of a Humanoid.
It's not exaggerated at all, in real life you lean, you lean alot. Turner is not even leaning that much to even fuss about. In real life, taking a sharp turn or juke (which everyone should know if they've ever played simple sports like tag, or even touch football), will cause you to lean way into the ground, so far that your hands pushing off the grass will be the only balance keeping you up. You can slip and fall just by changing directions, this is nothing.

Also... what the heck? Realistic leaning is not something that's bad, over exaggerated leaning is not bad either, it looks hella freaking awesome.

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:29 pm

woh, woh, woh! where is this movie? in the blog?

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:52 am

Sargon

Post by Sargon » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:06 pm

Of course a person would lean, of course the weight center (I think thats how it called) will change if turning while running.
What bothers me is not that turner leans, what bothers me is the way he leans.
It seems like his whole body is rotating to the side like a straight line vertical to the ground would rotate.
I think that a person would rather bend his body somehow instead of rotating the whole body in a straight line.
Because even if you lean, your head would usually stay vertical to the ground.
But thats really nitpicking or however you say that.
Most people wouldnt probabbly notice those kind of details, and even if they do, they wont differ from this sort of leanning to other sort of leanning.

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:15 pm

That's definatly realistic. especially because all of the animations are smooth and longish and the pixel rate is higher for better graphics. I think it's the best rabbit computer animation I've ever seen.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:27 am

I don't think I'd keep my head upright all the time while making sharp turns.