Possible Pirating of Lugaru

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:57 pm

ThorPrime wrote:Actually, Apple intentionally does nothing to stop people from stealing the OS.
OSX has no serial codes to check. To require that would go against Apple's core idea of making software as easy to use as possible. Entering a 32 character, alpha-numeric serial code is not easy for say, your grandma. (Or at least, alot of grandma's) And those are the types of people apple tries very hard to reel in.
Alot of games require a serial because they can get away with it. Most gamers are more power-users.
Alias can make people go through insane loops to register their software because they are a giant selling software to professionals.
Weird...then wtf was he doing to his OS system?

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:58 pm

There are companys (no names) that accept piracy because if people use their stuff in private, they demand it in business. Professionals don't steal software because it's too risky. There's a certain OS that became popular that way. Fishy fishy come here.

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:04 pm

Grayswandir wrote: My friend is an idiot. He downloaded 10.3 and then decided to use auto update. The computer wouldn't startup after that...even with the CD...heh
It could have been a computer problem, but it installed fine (it said) and then asked for a restart. It shutdown and then wouldn't start back up...I laughed at him for trying to pirate system software.
I don't know what was wrong with your friend's update, but it wasn't because he pirated it.

invertin

Post by invertin » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:43 pm

I admit it.. I one tried to get a lugaru crack. I didn't get it, I bought lugaru in the end but lugaru is punishing me now by going at 1 FPS.. (Not JK!)

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:01 am

You're seriously playing Lugaru at 1 frames per second?

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:27 am

:shock: Holy Fuck...

invertin

Post by invertin » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:08 am

It's ok now, just needed reinstall.

Back to topic :arrow:

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:44 pm

You could then still pay via snail mail or PayPal.
Edit: Nevermind, post before has been deleted (had an url to a serial site in it).

Albab
This title is part one ...

Post by Albab » Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:33 am

whoops. :oops: Forgot that that equals bad.

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:22 am

Alias' software is literally imposable to crack. If someone were to crack Maya for instance, they'd mind as well write their own software :P ! But Lugaru Serial #s work on infinite computers. Buying it would basicly be cracking it, because then you'd just have to post it on the net... and stuff... so, yah.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:45 am

NickD wrote:Alias' software is literally imposable to crack. If someone were to crack Maya for instance, they'd mind as well write their own software :P
Maya, 3dsmax and such use a dongle to secure their software, isn't it? I've heard about a crack for 3dsmax that simulates this dongle. That's crazy.

Mike_Cuzins
Twitch

Post by Mike_Cuzins » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:43 pm

HEY, anti crack measures, here, this is how you make it difficult, (although it means all buyers of lugaru gett a CD) A cd check, so you need to insert the CD, thats the easiest to crack, But then, you do a Built in CD check, so INGAME before starting any maps it checks for the CD. Similar to Battlefield 1942. They did very well at preventing crackers. I myself have a LEGIT copy of that game, because the battlefield series is the best damn series ever. anyho, This ingame cd check is hard to crack, I wouldnt know how to crack but from what i hear thats the truth.

haha this topic, there are some people riding awfully close to the illegal line, like invertin. hehehe.

zatoichi

Post by zatoichi » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:06 pm

dude, you could just dl a disk image of the game. I mean, I loaded my starcraft cd onto my laptop so I wouldn't have to carry it around, it's not hard to do at all...

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:11 pm

Maya has been cracked actually..

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:12 pm

zatoichi wrote:dude, you could just dl a disk image of the game. I mean, I loaded my starcraft cd onto my laptop so I wouldn't have to carry it around, it's not hard to do at all...
That rarely works with newer games.