New weaps in L2?

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Sage

Post by Sage » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:26 am

let's see, the last time I played a game where you can decapitate someone with a katana was umm... Conker's Bad Fur Day... and that was quite a while ago...

However, last time I did it in real life? never. I'm just weird like that.

evil_knight

Post by evil_knight » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:12 pm

i know a cool weapon how about like a chain thingie, like those old movies with the gang people and their chain things

Sage

Post by Sage » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:03 pm

Hmm, a flail?

Or just a chain you can swing around?

Ultimatum479
Meh. Inadequate.

Post by Ultimatum479 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:10 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:
Ultimatum479 wrote:I've never managed to work up the willpower to go light side either in Force powers _or_ in the general storyline. v_V
That's because at heart you're really a heartless killer, ain't that right?
That's hardly necessary to choose Dark over Light with the extremely stupid Light Side choices of KotOR. I find it hard to believe that even the average altruist would randomly sponsor your opponent in a swoop race, for example. And that guy in the closet is just _asking_ to be sliced into pieces. As for Force powers, why freeze your enemy for 6 seconds with Stasis and then stab him, when you can just freeze him for 6 seconds with Choke _while_ doing damage, leaving you free to stab someone else instead? Dark Side powers just pwn Light Side ones in KotOR for the main character (having a Light Side support character like Bastila using Force Valor is still helpful, though).

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:07 pm

Ultimatum479 wrote:
Renegade_Turner wrote:
Ultimatum479 wrote:I've never managed to work up the willpower to go light side either in Force powers _or_ in the general storyline. v_V
That's because at heart you're really a heartless killer, ain't that right?
That's hardly necessary to choose Dark over Light with the extremely stupid Light Side choices of KotOR. I find it hard to believe that even the average altruist would randomly sponsor your opponent in a swoop race, for example. And that guy in the closet is just _asking_ to be sliced into pieces. As for Force powers, why freeze your enemy for 6 seconds with Stasis and then stab him, when you can just freeze him for 6 seconds with Choke _while_ doing damage, leaving you free to stab someone else instead? Dark Side powers just pwn Light Side ones in KotOR for the main character (having a Light Side support character like Bastila using Force Valor is still helpful, though).
I didn't say using the Dark Force powers was a bad thing, because they're being used against enemies trying to kill you. Is "Heal" not a Light Side ability? I'm pretty sure Heal is far more useful than all the other spells put together.

I mean the brutal things you can do, like force persuading the Czerka Corporation guy to go jump into the pit on Nar Shadaa. Those are the kinds of things I can never do, and I always end up doing the Light Side option.

Ultimatum479
Meh. Inadequate.

Post by Ultimatum479 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:29 pm

WHAT?! Heal is the most useless ability EVER. When do you _ever_ have a use for that?! If you really need in-combat Force healing, Drain Life / Death Field > all, but seriously, I never spend skill points on anything but Treat Injury anyway, so a single Advanced Medpac solves all my problems. Mission's the only one who needs skill points on anything else, so I save all my Life Support Packs for her and voila, everyone in my party has full health, all the time, while I can spend my Force Powers on something _good_.

I didn't say I choose every Dark Side option available every time. I often choose neutral options which don't affect my alignment either way, especially after I've already reached Dark Side Mastery and getting more Dark Side points won't be of any more use. But the Light Side options are generally extremely lame, and the Dark Side options get you more credits. Like stealing that woman's Kraid Skull Plate on Tatooine instead of selling it for her, or using Force Persuade every chance you get to bypass paying docking fees and the like and to make people give you free credits...

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:25 pm

And so begins the randomness, spam, and flame. Goodbye new weapons... hello random discussion about KotOR... Anyways i think the major problem with this game is it doesn't have any sock people :)

Ultimatum479
Meh. Inadequate.

Post by Ultimatum479 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:20 pm

Meh. The thread was asking for it; David's talked about the new weapons already on more than one occasion, as a simple search of the forum will show. ^_^

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:23 pm

Ultimatum479 wrote:Meh. The thread was asking for it; David's talked about the new weapons already on more than one occasion, as a simple search of the forum will show. ^_^

Yes, yes, that's all very nice... but what about the sock people? I DEMAND SOCK PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANNA DO ALL THOSE KICK ASS SPELLS AND ATTACKS WITH SOCKS, SOCKS DAMMIT!!!!

evil_knight

Post by evil_knight » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:11 pm

Sage wrote:Hmm, a flail?

Or just a chain you can swing around?
ya just chain

invertin

Post by invertin » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:12 pm

Ultimatum479 wrote:WHAT?! Heal is the most useless ability EVER. When do you _ever_ have a use for that?! If you really need in-combat Force healing, Drain Life / Death Field > all, but seriously, I never spend skill points on anything but Treat Injury anyway, so a single Advanced Medpac solves all my problems. Mission's the only one who needs skill points on anything else, so I save all my Life Support Packs for her and voila, everyone in my party has full health, all the time, while I can spend my Force Powers on something _good_.
Heal is very useful, if you want to heal in battle, this is more effective than the death field and if you run out of medpacks (as I have done on several occasions) what then?

Or, what if you need healing but are alone and without any medpacks? Try beating a boss with 5hp.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:21 pm

I haven't played KotOR, but the lack of an enemy to drain life from in the Jedi Knight games would obviously be a problem if you had 5 HP. Then again, you could just use drain on the next enemy you come across, force-user or not.

Ultimatum479
Meh. Inadequate.

Post by Ultimatum479 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:58 pm

First of all, Invertin, you can easily beat a boss with 5 HP. I can consistently kill Malak on the Star Forge on "Hard mode" (rofl) without taking any damage, using _any_ of my three pwntastic builds.

Second, you should never be without medpacks. Ever. It's not like you'll use more than one or two per planet until the Leviathan, at which point you might use a couple (mainly because Carth sucks ass), and then on the planet near the Star Forge you might use one, and then on the Star Forge itself you'll probably use a few. That's _it_. You get more medpacks than that from the corpses on Taris alone.

Seriously, what kind of characters are you guys building?!

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:00 am

Ultimatum479 wrote:Seriously, what kind of characters are you guys building?!
Someone faster, stronger, bigger, and more expensive than you could ever imagine!!! He will also be light-weight and made out of plastic...we will use the left-over budget on a night of cheap sex and booze!!!

invertin

Post by invertin » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:39 am

I don't spend money on medpacks and I hardly ever need to take equipment from the dead because my minio- friends are all wearing better armor and weapons than anything I find lying around and I've got master heal so if any of us are wounded we are healed in an instant.

And because I don't need medpacks I can spend all of my skill points (or whatever, I haven't played in a while) on strength and dexterity so they enemy can't kill me before I slice their heads off.