Raising Money?

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
swwarmuth

Raising Money?

Post by swwarmuth » Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:59 pm

Does anyone have any ideas on how to raise $20 (in order to buy this game)? i realize that this is kinda off-topic, but i hope that david will allow it, because once i get the money, it's going straight to his paypal account. :wink:

Lycanthrope
Bunnyface!

Re: Raising Money?

Post by Lycanthrope » Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:24 pm

lol... a few ideas:

1. make babies. raise them until they're at the peak of cuteness. force them to sell overpriced lemonade on the corner of a suburban subdivision. steal the profits.

2. take up singing. improve until you reach celebrity status. at some swanky celebrity event, yank a wallet out of some swanky celebrity's pocket. remove one twenty dollar bill. return the wallet.

3. dress up as a dissheveled college student. go to a nearby college. wait until the evening. find a dorm. ask for quarters door to door, explaining that you don't have change for the laundry. Accumulate eighty quarters.

4. program a damn fine game. sell it for twenty dollars per copy. sell one copy.

that's all I got.

rkn

Post by rkn » Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:39 pm

If you're still in high school (or middle school maybe), save a few bucks from lunch money. Personally I could tolerate starving for Lugaru.

If in college, keep your eyes peeled. Your roommate might leave change spare lying around. :P

almondblight

Post by almondblight » Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:46 pm

It's winter. Shovel.

Or, alternatively, sell something you have. Or, buy one of those 10 packs of Snickers for $1 (the ones that say do not resell), and sell them for 25 cents at school, you'll have $20 by the end of the month. Pass out fliers, or just get a temporary job. There are plenty of ways. Got a local college? Chances are the psyc department is willing to pay you $5 or even $7 an hour just answering pointless questions. It's even fun. Whenever the econ department at my school has an experiment (rarely), I usually make $15-25 for about half an hours work.

invertin

Post by invertin » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:23 pm

Bug a friend/relative that has money for 1 weeks to 4 weeks, they might not like you after though.

(JK)

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:16 pm

Get some skills and do something creative like make a flash template ( www.templatemonster.com ) or something else. 20$ is easy to make these days.

pyros soul

Post by pyros soul » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:42 pm

Make a video about if people paypal you money, you will blow up somthing like a G4.

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:09 pm

Post in dead topics for money.
Or for free.