additions to the combat system (Lugaru)

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
NovaNoah

Post by NovaNoah » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:23 am

I just want something thats not awkward looking on a Rabbit.

Edit:Shields, just simple wooden ones, good for blocking sword blows.

Edit:Secondary attacks using mouse button 2. (i made a chart for each weapon)

Weapon: |Unarmed|

Attack1: Punch| |Kick :Attack2

Special1: Weak| Strong| |Spin |Soccer :Special2

___________________________________________________________|

Weapon: |Knife|

Attack1: Slice| |Throw :Attack2

Special1: Tracheotomy| |Ninja Bonus :Special2

Weapon: |Sword|

Attack1: Slash| |Stab :Attack2

|Backstabber :Special2

Weapon: |Staff|

Attack1: Swing| |Impale :Attack2

Special1: Running Swing| |Charge Impale :Special2

xrodneyx

Post by xrodneyx » Sat May 10, 2008 1:06 am

a good idea i think will be an ability to knock the walls, like in Metal Gear Solid series :)
and i really want ability do throw one enemy (which attacking Turner) into another with short reversal
Last edited by xrodneyx on Mon May 19, 2008 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Thu May 15, 2008 4:49 pm

You can Throw another being in lugaru during a reversal, but Im asuming your meaing like an auto aimed throw?

I really wana see two rabbits in MP take another charictor and slam his head into a wall. Maybe after beaing someone up baddly while there still up, you could have a finisher move if your neer a wall where you charge your enimy into a wall to KO/Kill him. Imagine a Thin wall breaking with Softbody physics and dust particals effects.

I also thought up another thing: Air born stealth kill!
Turner eyes up his unsuspecting Prey, a guard, armored in bandded armor. The Rebelius rabbit drew his blade and leaped from the wall from behind. With luck his feet land on shoulder and his blade a hot knife though his enemys unarmored neck.

Random Sword fighting Idea that may have been mentioned:
Davild planed to use Left mouse and Right Mouse buttons.
We Will call Left LMB and Right RMB.

The Lower Examples use swords, but could be implemented with any Melee with alteration, Imagonation, and enginuity:

LMB is your standard attack. LMB hold is a Stronger attack or a powerful thrust, while a quick rappid click is a quick flurry of strikes, the more of thesse, the less unbalanced you get, making attacks less effective, and you more vunerable to attack.
RMB is a universal hold ground defence. A Heald down will rebalance his stance after a few attacks, making him less vunerable to sudden attacks, amd if using a sheild, will offer its defencive bonuses. a well Very, very timed RMB click once will disarm the enemy, while a very well timed click at the right moment will push the enemys blade.
All sucsesful Parrys will make the eneemy slightly unballaneced

Maces and axes are more unbalanecing than swords, but in turn do more damage.

Hand to hand brawling should still use shift.
My ideas:

LMB: as before powerful attack is heald, weak is flury of clicks.
RMB: A Standing ground deffence usinf blocks over throws.
Shift: Dogging and Trowing moves. S and Shifts a back flipp dodge.

Aiming 1: You got those knifes yet?
Q:pick up, and auto amed throw
E: Eqipt/Unequpt
LMB: Attacks
RMB: Locks an Auto aim throw point so that your next throw will "try" to aim for that spot, useful for some physics puzzles and Paticular damage to those you dont want killed, but crippled.

Aming 2: Whoot, Bow and arrow OWENDWTFFTW!
Q: Pick up, and Reload, stealing an idea from GoW reloading system, pressing Q at the right moment will help it load faster, otherwise, makes things take longer.
E: Equips/Unequipts
LMB: Fires at enemys ahead, taking into acount wind and gravity.
RMB: Over the shoulder aiming, letting you shoot something paticular

As for Ideas for Blind battles: all you see is of attacks is the blur motion of there movment not the actual weapon/fist, the faster the or nosiy the movment, the more it will show up.
the less sound production or movment, the more it becomes invisable.

Are my ideas any help wolfire?

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Thu May 15, 2008 7:35 pm

I like the way you think

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Fri May 16, 2008 2:07 pm

thanks, more or less, I was playing off od Davids Consept that he put forward, I just added to them a System of Balence, and The Parry system.
Basicly, to Solve the Disarming Problem in Lugaru, all you gotta do is time your Parrys right and knock the guy unblancensed with this consept.

Another idea: RMB And LMB do two diferent stealth kills, and Holding down both Will perfom another.

Unarmed
RMB: Spine Crusher
LMB: Neck Twist
Both: Strangulation

Armed: Knife:
RMB: Trechanotamy
LMB: Back Staber
Both: Hilt Smack

Armed: Sword:
RMB:Back Staber
LMB: Weigh off Shoulders (Decapation)
Both: Hamstringer

marmorek

Post by marmorek » Sun May 18, 2008 3:53 pm

You gotta add the Five-Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nKAraSljMKA - Kill Bill

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Mon May 19, 2008 2:11 am

I just realized I did not talk much about the balence system I had thought up :o

Balence: Balence is how well you are able to stay on your feet in combat.
If you Attack, this score gose down, and you become more vunerable to cheep shots from the engagment, forcing you to fall, trip, or other undesirable battle mistakes.

If Invisabile stats acsessable in Debug are going to be included like in L1 (Power, Health, Armor, Speed, etc) one may need to reajust the system.

Stats that stay for new system consept are: Power, Health, Armor.
New Stats to work into combat and assist the Consept Combat system: Agility, Stanima, and Energy.
  • -Power: How much maximum strength gose into an attack when balence and energy is not a factor. Very good In melee.

-Armor: Makes Base Balence lower (worst), but you loose less Damage from enemy attacks, also increases Weight of player.

-Agility: Effects speed, max Balence, and Recovery of balence, and also effects your aiming with Bow like weapons.

-Stanima: Decreases the amount of Balence lossed from enemy attacks, and decreases bleeding effects.

-Health: We all know how vital this is. How much damage you can take before death.

-Energy/breath: This new stat plays a major roll in damage and recovery of Health and Balence. It keeps you up to speed, this gose down with each powerfull attack, when this is up, your Stats rise back to there max faster. When its low, you run slower, and your attacks are less effective, paticular attacks will keep it at a lower point(EG: Poisons, Triger point attacks, Being drunk, Concusson, bleeding, etc)
If Lugaru 2 is like what Lugaru: the Rabbits foot(TM) was like. All players (PC/NPC) obide by these rules, making both you and them potentualy fair of fight for each other. Because there are no huds, you must watch Turner and the enemy for visual cluses, such as slouching, stumbling, heavy breathing, etc.

Any one like my ideas.
Paticularly David, Are my Ideas good?
Are they something you want to work from or a Crockpot of shit?

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Mon May 19, 2008 6:00 am

Chainsaw man wrote:…also increases Weight of player.
And this is why attacking The Hulk is futile, and also why Fat Zombies take forever to kill.

xrodneyx

Post by xrodneyx » Mon May 19, 2008 1:21 pm

You can Throw another being in lugaru during a reversal, but Im asuming your meaing like an auto aimed throw?
i didn't think about actual gameplay buttons yet, but as will seems to be from the screen (in my thoughts), it will just some short move to recieve (if needed) an attack, then just step aside (mainly Turner will need to step out of the attack line) and "pass"(make fly) atacker to another rabbit, which is wanted to attack from behind or from the side
it's all aikido features, so you could have seen that in Seagal's films
i'm not completely into aikido or fan of Seagal, but he got some skill
8)

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Mon May 19, 2008 9:21 pm

xrodneyx wrote:
i didn't think about actual gameplay buttons yet, but as will seems to be from the screen (in my thoughts), it will just some short move to recieve (if needed) an attack, then just step aside (mainly Turner will need to step out of the attack line) and "pass"(make fly) atacker to another rabbit, which is wanted to attack from behind or from the side
it's all aikido features, so you could have seen that in Seagal's films
i'm not completely into aikido or fan of Seagal, but he got some skill
8)
Lol, engrish!

…sorry.

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Mon May 19, 2008 9:44 pm

BunnyWithStick wrote:
Chainsaw man wrote:…also increases Weight of player.
And this is why attacking The Hulk is futile, and also why Fat Zombies take forever to kill.
lol. I meant weight as in: Its a physical challenge geting knocked over in plate armor. Yes, I been there, and I have done that (live action wargames)

New idea:

Each minor stat affects the build of your charictor.

Power:
  • Low - looser skin, little musscular build
    High - Tighter Skin, more Ripped Build
Agility:
  • Low - More mass
    High - Longer, leener mussles, less mass
Stanima:
  • Low - Suken face, less healthy looking, also deducts from physical mass making charictor look starved and boney.
    High - Fuller face, more vitality. Makes charictor less ripped (not less mass), making them look like they are fit, but well feed
Combined together, the stats calculate the build of there body.
Low power and Agility with higher Stanima would create a Rather fat, chubby Rabbit/Wolf, while A High Power and Agility charictor with low Stanima would look more like an Anerexic. There is Middle ground, and do reilise these charictoristics are exaderated. But should you attack a towns folk, you know what they are capable of.

Makrond

Post by Makrond » Mon May 19, 2008 10:19 pm

Actually, I think you've hit on to something there, CM.

Being able to estimate the strength of an enemy by looking at them would be a very useful feature, so the fitter they look, the stronger they are.

Then you could have the huge power, huge stamina but low agility guy who resembles Arnold Schwarzenegger, and you know not to take him on unless you're way faster.

Wolves would be a little more difficult to gauge because they start at higher power, stamina and agility levels than rabbits (unless they get nerfed for L2) but you'd start to spot the ones that are just a little harder than others.

That gives me an idea as well. Say someone asks you to kill some random bandit leader for whatever reason, maybe they could say, "Here's a picture of him," and you get to see a sketch sort of thing that would show you what kind of armor they have, and coupled with what CM suggested, approximately how tough they're going to be. It would give you an idea of what you're up against, without completely ruining the immersion (although perhaps disrupting it somewhat).

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Mon May 19, 2008 11:00 pm

I'm liking this line of thought

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Mon May 19, 2008 11:00 pm

Chainsaw man wrote:lol. I meant weight as in: Its a physical challenge geting knocked over in plate armor. Yes, I been there, and I have done that (live action wargames)
That's basically what I just said, you know. The more mass and/or weight someone has, the harder it is to actually damage them due to the muscles and/or fat working as natural armour. It'd also be harder to get back up from a fall with more weight, although this wouldn't be very noticeable if the weight was mostly muscle mass.

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Tue May 20, 2008 1:26 am

True, but Armor gose up with What kind of armor you bought, Plate, Chain, Leather, ETC.

[quote=Makrond]...CM suggested, approximately how tough they're going to be. It would give you an idea of what you're up against, without completely ruining the immersion (although perhaps disrupting it somewhat).[/quote]

Well, you may notices some guys in Lugaru 1 were faster, but the only hint was playing though or getting owend by them, unless your really uber and know what you are doing.

This adds more charictor to them, and has game play importance.
However faster some one is though, if you are good, you will still pwn them, but maybe with a bit more challenge, thats what I like about L1.

if there s an Governator before you, you may consider range a better choice, as well as stealth.