Anything you find awsome about any vdeogames

Anything else

shooters, guitar hero, or action adventures?

shooters
29%
guitar hero
7%
action adventures
43%
WTF?? EVIL ZOMBIE JESUS IN A LUNCH PALE!!!!
21%

Total votes: 14

invertin

Re: Anything you find awsome about any vdeogames

Post by invertin » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:58 pm

In my opinion the combat is much better in Jedi Academy. Nothing like a huge epic lightsaber battle, interupted by you pulling out a shotgun and blasting his face off while he's swinging it wildly.

I must suck at it or something because lightsaber combat is really hard, fun, but hard. Especially against those weird guys who dodge all your attacks and only use the force.

Cmyszka

Post by Cmyszka » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:52 pm

Gah, yeah... Like when you fight Rosh.

That can be easily remedied though, with a couple ranks of Forse Absorption. They become as defenseless as an unarmed stormtrooper

And dammit I hate Rosh so much. :twisted:

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:46 pm

If you want over-the-top violence and just hilariously ridiculous body part breakage, play a game developed by Raven Software. The two main examples being Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix and Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast.
Soldier of Fortune II prided itself (really, if you look at the box its one of the biggest advertisements on it) in having "realistic" body dismemberment. There are 36 "gore points" on one model (plus a fully breakable skeletal system) , so you can blow chunks out of people's heads to reveal brains and chunks of skull. They went so far as to model a full set of teeth, a spine, a brain, and two eyeballs into every character.
As for Jedi Knight II, they were limited by the Star Wars license so they couldn't add in a ton of gore, but there's a cheat to turn on lightsaber dismemberment and then set the amount of dismemberment. You can hold your spinning lightsaber in the air and then use Force Grip to slowly drop Stormtroopers onto it and slowly turn then into neatly cut smouldering slices. Depending on the settings and power of your computer, you can leave little piles of slice Stormtrooper meat all over the levels.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:59 pm

invertin wrote:I must suck at it or something because lightsaber combat is really hard…
You do suck at it. I find it easy. :P

Spartan X
please can i have a title soon?

Post by Spartan X » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:40 pm

I like the look of Force unleashed. It has it's force and it's lightsabers. But it also has a touch of revolution. The bots grapple when they are pushed away. Trying to hold on,like they have a will to survive.
And battlefield: Bad company has a touch of revolution also. Destruction. You can blow holes into walls. Of course it's limited to the outside structure, but that's simple common sense. Destroy everything except the roof, yet it still stands? Good thinking to the programmers. But it also has an online mode, where you can still do this. I find it truly remarkable how good connection is too, i have only ever lagged out once. Ever.

invertin

Post by invertin » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:31 am

Have you played the demo yet? It's fun, but not a revolution, not by a long shot. It has the physics, but it doesn't actually put them to any use and just places random breakable pieces rather than actually make them a gameplay focus. You might as well just play any other star wars beat-em-up.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:44 pm

You still gotta hand it to the freedom you got in the game Carmageddon 2... I played that for years.
I think the only reason that I don't play it anymore is because I lost it....

Viking Zippy
Wooter

Post by Viking Zippy » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:16 pm

The one feature that I've always wanted as standard in all games is something similar to the director mode in Driver 2 or Saved Films in Halo 3. Seriously, it should be in every game ever made, the possibilities for making game movies is just about endless.

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:56 am

i haff bin rude, we must now talk about lugaru AWSOME GAME I KEEP DYING HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA