Preorder Incentives Ideas

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Chainsaw man

Preorder Incentives Ideas

Post by Chainsaw man » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:11 pm

Jeff wrote:We are also going to have some incentives for people who preorder that we are still working out. Some ideas include access to early betas of Overgrowth, an elite edition of Overgrowth, and maybe some other stuff. If you guys can help us brainstorm, that would be cool. Preferably something other than X% off, which we are not sure we can afford to do.
Ok I will start with my ideas...

Well, a T-shirt with some of the conseptual art with the title "Overgrowth" would make for awsome.
Maybe a Map bundle of early test levels. One thing that might go down well is a DVD with an interveiw with the team about the game.
Maybe a Weapon file that is not normaly in the game? Hehe, you know what I'm talking about, but dont limit the idea to a chainsaw. Hmm... better yet, a gorring tool that is not avalable usualy?

the gorring tool: The Gorring tool is not a challanging weapon, but more a Garrys mod style weapon like the Phyis gun. The Tool has its owen combos you may perform with it. The Device Slices, Rips, Tears, Explodes and any other thing you can imagion to do with a Rag doll. Its basicly a sadistic weapon for playing with Rag dolls. Yes? Ok I take that as a bad idea.

Glabbit

Re: Preorder Incentives Ideas

Post by Glabbit » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:00 pm

I don't really care much ifi'd get anything for it, I want to pre-order it anyway.

Although, yeah, a T-shirt would be nice...

White please.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:19 pm

I do believe they used to have wolfire t-shirts you could order but I don't remember what happened to them.

HackSpaz

Post by HackSpaz » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:56 pm

I think being given access to beta testing is a good incentive. Perhaps something extra for im game use like a weapon, or perhaps some form of character customisation/exclusive character skin/model would be a good one. Anything along the lines of "exclusive" content or additions is usually enough to get people to pre-order a game, I know cause I work at a game retailer, and exclusive in-game content is always the incentive that leads to large numbers of pre-orders.

wormguy

Post by wormguy » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:57 am

I highly dislike the use of exclusive in-game content as an incentive for pre-order, because you're effectively closing access to that content for a large amount of your audience, and it's a cheap way to get people to pay money for your game before they've evaluated it because they are afraid they might miss something.

Giving pre-orders access to beta builds seems like a much better incentive to me.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:17 am

wormguy wrote:I highly dislike the use of exclusive in-game content as an incentive for pre-order, because you're effectively closing access to that content for a large amount of your audience, and it's a cheap way to get people to pay money for your game before they've evaluated it because they are afraid they might miss something.

Giving pre-orders access to beta builds seems like a much better incentive to me.
100% seconded.

But I still want a Wolfire/Overgrowth shirt =D
Maybe even a shirt with both logos on it... woah, advertising madness!

Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:56 pm

Glabbit wrote:But I still want a Wolfire/Overgrowth shirt =D
Maybe even a shirt with both logos on it... woah, advertising madness!
You could have Overgrowth stuff on the front and back, and on the back near the neck just have the Wolfire symbol etc.

You can probably just make your own (albeit not a very good one) here.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:37 pm

I was thinking more like:
BACK: medium-sized WOLFIRE logo (with text underneath)
FRONT: small (compared to the wolfire logo) OVERGROWTH logo on the chest, near where a pocket would be.

Or maybe even:

Front: large OVERGROWTH logo covering the chest
Back: kick-ass Turner concept art covering the back, with small wolfire logo near the neck.

sounds good? :mrgreen:

Kalexon
Kalexon

Post by Kalexon » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:26 am

As far as incentive ideas, access to a multiplayer beta would be a good way of getting people to pre-order, and it would help solving any connection bugs pre-release. I'll give more suggestions as I come up with useable ones.

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:35 am

Umm... A Copy of the full game of Lugaru: the Rabbits foot?
Well, do that in some editon later on, prehaps in a collectors Editon if Lugaru: The Rabbits foot, is remade as a Custom Scenario/campain for Lugaru: Overgrowth (yes, Im gonna keep calling it that or LOG.)

ChazFox
XD

Post by ChazFox » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:46 am

Access to a beta would be cool with me.

Exclusive in-game items would also be awesome, but only appearance-wise, rather than some uber weapon that could break multiplayer or make the campaign too easy. Either a special edition outfit that looks pretty cool, or an in-game T-Shirt ("I preordered Overgrowth and all I got was this lousy T-shirt!" :P just kidding) could be fun.

I personally am wary of tangible items being given out for preorders, mostly because I'm not sure how that could be handled on an international basis (Remember that some players live in the UK and all over the rest of the world. *Raises own hand for "Lives in the UK"*)

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:09 am

Yeah, I'm in the netherlands, myself... although I'd prefer to live in the UK. I've had an english upbringing anyway, and it's wasted in this waterhole...

No more of that, though. Git Lugartoo over here! =D

Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:30 pm

ChazFox wrote:a special edition outfit that looks pretty cool, or an in-game T-Shirt ("I preordered Overgrowth and all I got was this lousy T-shirt!" :P
Sounds like LittleBIGPlanet =O

Yes, perhaps maybe a different model or texture for a weapon would be good, but if it's possible to make your own textures then... I don't know, it would seem pointless. Also, maybe in Multiplayer it has a gold star next to your name or some fancy crap. (I really don't know)

resin

Post by resin » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:00 pm

I like the t-shirt idea best.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:33 pm

Really, I don't care. As long as I can get Lugartoo, I'll be happy with anything you chuck at me for preordering it, unless it ruins the gameplay, which I'm sure it won't. xP