love stories ^^

Anything else
Jendraz

Re: love stories ^^

Post by Jendraz » Wed May 13, 2009 5:46 pm

Ragdollmaster wrote:
Jendraz wrote:If sitting on a roof freezing your ass off in your boxers to avoid being smacked by your girlfriend's dad isn't love, then I don't know what is :roll:
Then you clearly don't know what love is. Freezing your ass off in your boxers to avoid being smacked by your girlfriend's dad isn't love, it's something you do to avoid being smacked by your girlfriend's dad. Just like using proper table manners and avoiding your girlfriend's dad.
I'm glad you explained the flawed logic of my obviously sarcastic comment. I even used the 'eye roll' ffs..

In case you care, I was in a very serious and rewarding relationship with her for over two years. I would not really choose that episode to characterize our time together :) What I had with her is what I think of as 'love', we'll see how my perception changes as I age.

nerodx
confused couch potato

Post by nerodx » Wed May 13, 2009 6:51 pm

Lol and now it's been derailed into half of the thread being the meaning of love and half being the nipple story.
And the roof story was pretty good, I just forgot about it when I posted.
Ragdollmaster wrote:no one can really fully understand love
Quoting for truth, in my opinion everyone has a different opinion on love and we'll probably never really know what the real meaning is. It could end up that the crazy frat boys are right and love is when you find someone who can make you a sandwich while your recovering from a hangover. I highly doubt that but just an example.
Chainsaw man wrote:The word love is so uninventive. I love my cat, I love cake, I love my Family, I love my Spouse, I love my Secritary...

You would think the person saying this was high.
I Adore my cat. I enjoy the great taste of Cake, My Faimly is Important, My Spouse is the world to me, I like to have Sex with my Secritary.

It paints you a better picutre
If I'm right about what your trying to say with this I agree. Love is said too much. Most of the time when I hear it, it isn't real, and I hate it. I'm sure that's bad that I feel that way but I can't help it. Like when I hear two girls saying "OMG I LUV YOUUU!" it kinda makes me mad. They don't mean it. In fact they probably were in a fight 3 days ago and hated eachother. I kinda feel like when people say it and don't mean it, the actual word itself starts losing it's impact. I see it as a way of telling someone that you really care about them and there's no one else in the world who could make you happier than them. That's my opinion, but I'm some teenager living in the suburbs in the midwest of America, what do I know? :D
Jendraz wrote:edit: I like how your love story includes the line, "Woah, a penis!"
XD

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed May 13, 2009 6:54 pm

Grayswandir wrote:I mean come on, its funny, you gotta look at the lighter side of things.
Yeah, because the darker bit isn't there anymore, i.e. her nipple.
Chainsaw man wrote:The word love is so uninventive. I love my cat, I love cake, I love my Family, I love my Spouse, I love my Secritary.
What you're thinking of is "overused", not "uninventive". People tend to use the word too much and devalue it's meaning. Kind of like how people use "hate" to describe things they dislike. And that shouldn't happen, because then you can't use hate to really describe your feelings for the things you REALLY do hate...like cats. Freeloading bastards. Jaykay el oh el. I like cats, cats are nice. They make life worth living.
Jendraz wrote:In case you care, I was in a very serious and rewarding relationship with her for over two years. I would not really choose that episode to characterize our time together :)
I dunno, man, freezing your bollocks off is pretty heavy going.
nerodx wrote:Quoting for truth, in my opinion everyone has a different opinion on love and we'll probably never really know what the real meaning is.
You seem to have missed the point. There is no "real" definitive meaning. Everyone has their own interpretations, which often overlap but are never identical. Everyone's own opinion of love is real for them, and that's enough.

In more succinct form, your and my definition of love may differ, but that does not mean one of us is wrong.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Wed May 13, 2009 9:06 pm

This is the fate of man, for perhaps the line between love and hate is paper thin...

McJoggin

Post by McJoggin » Wed May 13, 2009 9:12 pm

blood-shard wrote:hellooooo back on topic plz ? does the words hanky panky and women tits remind you of somthing related to this thread ? -.-
As opposed to...man tits? *shudder* :lol:

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu May 14, 2009 12:29 am

I just saw this anime series which is so sweet my tooth chipped on its own. Love is blind, but what can you do?
http://www.animecrazy.net/category/comp ... a-na-kiss/

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu May 14, 2009 3:23 am

Lotus Wolf wrote:This is the fate of man, for perhaps the line between love and hate is paper thin...
What kind of pseudo-intellectual statement is that? I've no idea what it means if's even supposed to mean something.
Endoperez wrote:I just saw this anime series which is so sweet my tooth chipped on its own. Love is blind, but what can you do?
http://www.animecrazy.net/category/comp ... a-na-kiss/
Is it like a romance anime series or something? I've never watched an anime that's not some sort of action series, e.g. Bleach, Full Metal Alchemist, Prince Of Tennis.

Is it any good?

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Thu May 14, 2009 3:38 am

Renegade_Turner wrote:
Grayswandir wrote:I mean come on, its funny, you gotta look at the lighter side of things.
Yeah, because the darker bit isn't there anymore, i.e. her nipple.
:shock: How could you say such a horrible thing?! I mean, gosh, how cruel. The poor girls nipple is gone, doomed to be in a sandwich.
Renegade_Turner wrote:
Lotus Wolf wrote:This is the fate of man, for perhaps the line between love and hate is paper thin...
What kind of pseudo-intellectual statement is that? I've no idea what it means if's even supposed to mean something.
He might have meant the line between love and insanity.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu May 14, 2009 4:19 am

That would have made more sense, and would have actually meant something. lol

Nipple sandwich? Yum? :shock:

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu May 14, 2009 6:05 am

Renegade_Turner wrote:Is it like a romance anime series or something? I've never watched an anime that's not some sort of action series, e.g. Bleach, Full Metal Alchemist, Prince Of Tennis.

Is it any good?
There are anime series targeted at boys and girl, kids and adults, and the more girly stuff doesn't have much action.

It's good. If you feel like watching a love story, it's great.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Thu May 14, 2009 8:27 am

just a random quote i remembered that does (if you really think about it) have a bit to do with the conversation.

Jendraz

Post by Jendraz » Thu May 14, 2009 7:34 pm

Lotus Wolf wrote:just a random quote i remembered that does (if you really think about it) have a bit to do with the conversation.
It is easier for someone you love to hurt you, and I think that's it is easier to be truly enraged at someone that you've been intimate with. So the love/hate thing kind of works.
Renegade_Turner wrote:
Jendraz wrote:In case you care, I was in a very serious and rewarding relationship with her for over two years. I would not really choose that episode to characterize our time together :)
I dunno, man, freezing your bollocks off is pretty heavy going.
Haha thanks for the support.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu May 14, 2009 9:08 pm

Jendraz wrote:It is easier for someone you love to hurt you, and I think that's it is easier to be truly enraged at someone that you've been intimate with. So the love/hate thing kind of works.
Haha so true. It kind of sucks that just when you start caring about someone, you start getting pissed off at them a lot more frequently too. You expect them to be better than the average person. Fucking inadequacies.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Thu May 14, 2009 9:08 pm

Thank you Jendraz, that's exactly what that means.