different textures on different objects

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
miro

different textures on different objects

Post by miro » Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:07 pm

can you use different textures for platforms and boxes etc?

now it's only one texture for all objects in that map... kinda hard to make fancy buildings :-)

greetz
m

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:45 pm

Yes you can, of course you can. (lalalalalasearchlalalalala)
You say "that" map. What map? What what?
Whaddaya mean "only one texture"? If theres only one texture, your
game is seriously messed-up.
Hi, by the way.

Edit: Now I get it! You mean using one texture for a box and one other for a wall etc, right? Sorry.

levbot
mad tweaker

Post by levbot » Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:43 pm

there is a way... levbot the mad scientist has wondered about this, and mad a computoral abomination on his mac (insert maniacal laughter here)
if you really want to do intracite architercture, it will cost you all the trees on the map. read on if you want to make that sacrifice.

STEP 1- go into the models file and duplicate (whatever shape you want to have a seperate texture)
-then duplicate tree.solid
-now change the name of the duplicate of (whatever shape you want to have a seperate texture) to tree.solid
-it will ask you if you want to replace the tree. click yes if you KNOW you have the extra duplicate (in case you mess up, you still have a tree)
STEP 2- open lugaru. you will see that all of the trees are now weird colored (whatever shape you want to have a seperate texture).
-this will mean you have done it right.
STEP 3- change the texture of the tree to you choice color or pattern. now when you place trees, they should be different colored (whatever shape you want to have a seperate texture).

TIP-looking for textures? go to this texture site here

miro

Post by miro » Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:54 am

tried to sacriface the bushes first... funny result :lol:
(change the bush with the box object, don't change texture)

gonna try some other stuff now....

isnt there a way to specify the texture in the map editor? would be the best solution.
or a way create new objects ...

levbot
mad tweaker

Post by levbot » Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:17 pm

i wish we could do that. the other weird thing about the bush or tree file is that it is a photoshop texture. you can (gasp) make invisible blocks, or semi-shaded blocks. i am working on a map with invisible blocks,, like a secret path type thing.

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:27 am

I'm not sure you can use transparency oh all objects, obviously bushes and trees work, but I know turner at least can't have transparency.