Fanart

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Valk

Fanart

Post by Valk » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:11 pm

Haldo. Until, of course, the time comes to pass it on, I hereby take proudly up the 'newest registered user' banner.

So... Haldo. I just recently got my talons on the full version of the game you're supposedly all talking about, perhaps a day after having first downloaded the demo. Thus, it would be nigh unthinkable to conclude my first post here without at least making a brief statement of gratitude towards all forces concerned that helped to bring about this wonder. Blessings be to ye.

As a token of my appreciation, I doodled a quick sketch of Turner which was then incorporated into the very minimalistic, 1280 x 1024 wallpaper that currently adorns my desktop. I thought I might as well post it here, so long as there were no objections: http://www.valkuran.com/l-wallpaper.jpg

Finally, by way of adding a bit of actual content to this missive, I also thought I'd voice a problem I'm having with the game. Putting aside all the ordinary moaning about how hard the tri-wolf level is, which nearly everyone seems to have had trouble with at one point or another, has anyone else found a halfway reliable way of keeping track of a thrown knife? Half the time I loose a level it's because I lost my knife out in the desert/fields/snow during an early assassination attempt and then was sliced to pieces by the remaining enemies.
Last edited by Valk on Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:11 pm

Nice drawing, reminds me of redwall :)
A friend of mine did a very nice turner drawing a while ago.. I'll have to ask her for the link.
Keeping track of a throw knife can occasionally be tricky, but if you watch for the general direction it goes it's not too bad, also it glints in the sunlight to make it easier to find, on high detail levels anyway.

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:45 am

Some knife tracking tips:
- Don't throw it downward at a hard surface; it bounces.
- Don't throw it downwards into sand or snow; it sinks.
- Don't throw from the top of a hill into space; it disappears.
- Don't throw at an enemy moving behind trees; it sticks (although you can pull it out).
- Do try to manuever so your target has a hill or something behind where you can see the knife land.
- Do watch the direction it goes and see if it bounces; then while you're running from your now alert and angry foe, roll or handspring across it and push the "draw" button to pick it up on the fly. Also works with the already slain, unless they're lying "knife down."
- Do get to higher ground and watch for the glint.
- If you like to tweak, go into your data file and change "shine" to a neon color so it shows up better, or make yourself a more visible knife. See some of the "Tweaking Tricks" or "Weapons Mods" elsewhere in the forum.

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:13 pm

You know what.. I'm almost sure I've seen valks drawing before.. hm

This was done by [Hazel] a very talented friend of mine.
And so was this.

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:41 am

Hazel-rah!

ridestowe

Post by ridestowe » Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:35 am

oh my god dude zip that first drawing ROCKS!!

@valk: i like the kind of grungy feel to it. i'm assuming that was a photoshop filter though :P

theblob

Post by theblob » Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:24 pm

damn shes good, i like the second pic more because the first pic looks to....fake, the second one is the best.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:41 pm

Wow... those should be on the wolfire site.

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:30 pm

There was already another Fan Art thread, with these pictures:

Some random concept art by me from in class:
Wolf Sword pose
Wolf-rabbit duel

Fan art by Levbot:
http://img146.echo.cx/img146/9582/sc0000487e1ie.jpg
http://img163.echo.cx/img163/3958/colorlugaru014ip.jpg

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:05 pm

I did a little search through that Old repository...I found a really twisted cellophane fighting pic...and a guy with his head twisted around...David, what did you do to Lugaru in it's development stages??

levbot
mad tweaker

Post by levbot » Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:44 pm

i'll post my other 5 fanqarts as soon as my airport is set up.. My scanner is on my other, non-internet G5.

Turner_the_Conquerer

Post by Turner_the_Conquerer » Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:55 pm

Hi I'm new to these forums. :)

ZIP: would it be OK if I use Hazel's crouching Turner w/ sword for my avatar image? I love it and would love to use it!

- Andy

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:12 pm

She says it is fine with her if you use it for your avatar here.